+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next one off the production line

re: Next one off the production line

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    You forgot steven fletcher!

and Alan Shearer...Chris Sutton ...Kevin Gallagher, Andy Cole, Matty Jansen, Craig Bellamy, Santa Cruz ...Jordan Rhodes ...aye,we have always struggled in the striker department too.
    And never made a any money back on any of them.[/quote]

champs, did you deliberately forget to include Jason Roberts in your list ?

[/quote]

i`d add shefki kuqi. signed for free, scored some crucial goals and then sold on for 2.5 million. great business.[/quote].

I quite liked Kuqi. Great goal celebration.

Another good bit of business (not a striker though) buy

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Your right, his attitude was spot on. A pleasure to watch and be around.
    David Batty didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover

[/quote]

From Russia with

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover

[/quote]

I can't recall any big profile fall outs with those 2? Imagine if it had happened in a Champs League game live on TV. Feck me, that would've been bad.
    Le Saux himself says he wasn't a blokey bloke ...his team mates used to rip him for reading the Guardian. The likes of Sutton could barley read

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    With Danny Ings supposedly on his way at Burnley , will they be able to roll another CF out who will be succesful and they then sell on for big money .
    Rodrigues
    Austin
    Ings
    ???
    Ashley Barnes by the look of things.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkyclaret
    With Danny Ings supposedly on his way at Burnley , will they be able to roll another CF out who will be succesful and they then sell on for big money .
    Rodrigues
    Austin
    Ings
    ???
    Ashley Barnes by the look of things.[/quote]

Am I right in thinking the last time you went up, you didn't sell your better players? Either the summer before, Or in Jan? If Barnes is to add to what you have, then that's ambitious. I can't think of many seasons where I could say that about your board. You got this far, another push and you can have another one season in the Prem. It's got to be worth it IMO.

Rodrigues
    Austin
    Ings
    ???
    Ashley Barnes by the look of things.[/quote]

Am I right in thinking the last time you went up, you didn't sell your better players? Either the summer before, Or in Jan? If Barnes is to add to what you have, then that's ambitious. I can't think of many seasons where I could say that about your board. You got this far, another push and you can have another one season in the Prem. It's got to be worth it IMO.[/quote]
    I think you're right, we didn't have any real outstanding/valuable players that season. We did have 2 transfer embargoes that season, one because we couldn't pay a couple of installments on Chris Eagles, can't remember the other one.
    Guess an occasional

Looks like the chairmen are still on their Christmas whiskey and gone and bagged Barnes and Nakhi Wells. Who'd of thought it eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Quickenthetempo
    Looks like the chairmen are still on their Christmas whiskey and gone and bagged Barnes and Nakhi Wells. Who'd of thought it eh?

If so, you have 2 very good players. I was hoping we would sign Wells.
    I will believe it when I see the 2 lads stood on your pitch holding the Claret scarves above their heads.

If so, you have 2 very good players. I was hoping we would sign Wells.
    I will believe it when I see the 2 lads stood on your pitch holding the Claret scarves above their heads.[/quote]
    Me too, kind of hope we don't get both, as I think that would mean bye bye Danny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)