+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Next one off the production line

re: Next one off the production line

Wells 'and' Barnes, well that's just silly talk.

It'll be one or the other and it's looking like it may be Barnes.

Barnes is good. If the worst was to happen and you got a tonne of money for Ings, and you managed to replace him with both, I'd say your still in with a shout. If your keeping Ings and adding Barnes to what you have, that shows a massive intent to go up. Vokes just signed an extension to his contract too right? He's looked decent aswell this season.

I'd say the key one to keep hold of is this manager of yours, not so much the players. When Allardyce loses at Cardiff at weekend, I think West Ham may approach him. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkyclaret
    With Danny Ings supposedly on his way at Burnley , will they be able to roll another CF out who will be succesful and they then sell on for big money .
    Rodrigues
    Austin
    Ings
    ???
    Ashley Barnes by the look of things.[/quote]

Am I right in thinking the last time you went up, you didn't sell your better players? Either the summer before, Or in Jan? If Barnes is to add to what you have, then that's ambitious. I can't think of many seasons where I could say that about your board. You got this far, another push and you can have another one season in the Prem. It's got to be worth it IMO.[/quote]
    I think you're right, we didn't have any real outstanding/valuable players that season. We did have 2 transfer embargoes that season, one because we couldn't pay a couple of installments on Chris Eagles, ca

Yes Vokes signed on 'till 2017, having a good season. and has one of those seemingly telepathic partnerships with Ings, I have to admit he has really surprised me this season, but if we go up is he good enough for the Prem and if we don't go up, Ings will be off, will Vokes be the same player without him?
    Agree that we need to keep hold of Dyche too, would expect it to need to be somewhere a bit better than West Ham to turn his head. Can't see him getting that sort of offer until he has a real achievement on his CV.
    Amazed we havn't had a European league before now, think sorting out promotion/relegation to and from it could be the problem.

Yes Vokes signed on 'till 2017, having a good season. and has one of those seemingly telepathic partnerships with Ings, I have to admit he has really surprised me this season, but if we go up is he good enough for the Prem and if we don't go up, Ings will be off, will Vokes be the same player without him?
    Agree that we need to keep hold of Dyche too, would expect it to need to be somewhere a bit better than West Ham to turn his head. Can't see him getting that sort of offer until he has a real achievement on his CV.
    Amazed we havn't had a European league before now, think sorting out promotion/relegation to and from it could be the problem.
    Ings has made all the headlines , rightly so. But Vokes seems to set up quite a few, and his goals have been valuable. That partnership is the best in this league thus far. Keep it together, and add to that Barnes, your looking very good. Dyche is doing superb and will win Manager of the seas

Jones is doing a great job, one of the firsts on the teamsheet, not spectacular but doesn't make mistakes.
    Ings? Well I thought it would be a long time before we had a better striker than J Rod but I think Danny is. I for one will be very sorry to see him go, maybe one good thing if we were to go up, could we keep him? Probably not but you never know.
    Can't see a league without relegation working in football, even though it would be great to get rid of the rich city clubs.

Jones is doing a great job, one of the firsts on the teamsheet, not spectacular but doesn't make mistakes.
    Ings? Well I thought it would be a long time before we had a better striker than J Rod but I think Danny is. I for one will be very sorry to see him go, maybe one good thing if we were to go up, could we keep him? Probably not but you never know.
    Can't see a league without relegation working in football, even though it would be great to get rid of the rich city clubs.
    Aye, Jones isn't spectacular , but will do a good steady job. It depends with Ings, like you say, if you go up, you may keep him. But if he doss go, and you buy 3 or 4 decent players in, it could be beneficial long term. Like us with Rhodes. If someone comes in and offers A?15m he's off, but they won't, it's too much to pay as a gamble.
    With a Euro league, it would go more like American football. A TV funded franchise. No relegation. Just 20 very rich c

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)