Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lambert and FA Cup

Lambert and FA Cup

Feel sorry for you lot if I heard it right and when asked what's the most important thing Lambert said "a long contract".

Shame on him, what about all those Villa fans who basically can f*ck off, not bothered about you lot winning a cup, I've got myself a load of lolly.

Perhaps we should present him with a large brown envelope before kick off instead of the hand shakes?

Lambert wins a 'BIGGEST TW4T' thread all to himself.

re: Lambert and FA Cup

Totally agree, very angry at his remarks, I mean ok I myself did state a second string line up to play you guys on Saturday but a line up full of players that I still believed could do the job and get us through to the next round.

We should take the FA Cup seriously, its a competition full of history and tradition and we badly need a major trophy again, especially after the Bradford fiasco last season Lambert!

I don't like this, we have a small squad, we cant cope with injuries, well heres an idea go out and buy a few extra so we have more numbers and more quality!

Yeah, he's not the brightest, he's basically telling Villa fans the best we can hope for is a relegation battle every year and under him that is what we will get.

If you dont take the Cups seriously what is there to play for, oh a longer contract!!!

Well it certainly explains a lot about our club under him.

How can this clot inspire players with that attitude?

A club the size and history of Aston Villa should not be settling for concentrating on a relegation battle every year. Mr Lambert you are not in charge of Norwich City Football Club anymore.

Aston Villa should be looking to finish as high as possible in the Premier League. We should be taking the League Cup and FA Cup seriously and we should be looking for some form of European football every season.

Basically his remit from Uncle Sam is to stay in the division year in year out like Wigan(what happened to them)and line his pockets with the tv money,if that's what he's told to do and achieves it Lamberts manager will be a happy bunny...the magic of the FA Cup has never been the same for me since Manure devalued it by not taking part,don't get me wrong it still excites me but not quite as much I think the major excitement is for the lower divisions getting one over the Prem teams etc...unfortunately money has become the main aim for these 'businessman' not winning a cup...Lerner out!

Totally agree it's not what we as fans want to hear but at the end of the day he's being honest when he says "of course I want us to get through, but staying in the league is a priority"

The flip side of the small squad thing is that we're hardly gonna put a completely different team out so I'll be a mix of the usual team and some of the thringe/youngsters and this really should be good enough (no disrespect to united meant either)

Personally I think benteke will start alongside heulinus and hopefully Gardner will play too..

All L*****t had to say is that our No.1 priority is to stay in this division; however when the cup competitions come along they are a chance for some of the squad players at this club to show me what they can do and we will do our best to try and reward our supporters with a trip to Wembley.

Instead he mumbled some shyte about footballers and the size/length of their contracts - no **** Sherlock like we didn't know that already.

In anycase it didn't seem to bother the Wigan players last season, they were some of the lowest paid players in the Premiership and yet they still won the FA Cup.

Its all about player motivation, something our manager seems to sadly lack !

I don't think we have the squad size to compete on multiple fronts, not with our best players at least. Some of the younger guys are going to have to step up. Maybe Gardner will feature.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamman
    I don't think we have the squad size to compete on multiple fronts, not with our best players at least. Some of the younger guys are going to have to step up. Maybe Gardner will feature.
    Multiple fronts!!! Its the FA cup you halfwit! Are you actually Paul Lambert or what?!? - and is your reference to us getting "licked" every week.

Wigan won the FA cup last season but got relegated so is that your rationale for why Villa cant compete in both? **** me our ambitions are **** these days. Paul lamberts claret and blue salvation army

So Staying in the prem is his goal? well it is not mine, well not exactly! a club the size of villa should not be even using the word #staying# in the prem? do you think Everton use such words, Newcastle? So why Lambert think staying in the prem is success?

His words do not represent the feeling of us the fans, OK Wigan got relegated but won the cup, if they are back next season, their fans won't give too hoots that they went down because they have magical memories of seeing their team and Captain lift the cup! I mean its not as if we are choosing the Champions league over the FA cup is it. Does this man Know anything about success as a manager? I think he should stump up the costs of the tickets if he does not want to win as i#m sure all who are going want thier team to win and whats this about preparing for Arsenal? that match is not for another 11 days!!and how can he play a weakened team? show me a ***cing strong one!

This guys a joke and the smoke screen of a win at Sunderland i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast