+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so it starts...

And so it starts...

One more cash injection and no more trust! - view external link

re: And so it starts...

Beat me to it, Souths..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Beat me to it, Souths..

I like a bit of easy reading in the morning!

Certainly makes you feel all warm and fuzzy

You have to wonder how many more thousands of GLCT's will be rushing to spunk their money before the April deadline? I have a rough idea

Fan ownership - FAF

20,000 capacity. Be a lot of empty seats when they hit the Conference league.

Not giving them ideas, but if they can manage without opening up the areas, deemed dangerous, wouldn't the money best be used for ensuring they avoid relegation?
    Or is the plan to get the money for repairs and then divert it somewhere else?

They wouldn't do that, would they?

What I don't understand is why the club isn't stockpiling any profit for a rainy day? I mean, if they need (let's assume for the purpose of this) that their super robust business plan was reliant on 11,500 gates then surely that means there is a profit to be taken from each home game?

So what they should be doing is operating within these means and putting any profit aside for any eventualities (ie relegation, essential ground improvements, etc) but no, the profit is being spent as soon as it is accrued. Will they ever learn?

Now it has come to bite them on the bum. They need the improvements to be done, they have no excess revenue to allocate towards this and as a result surrender more of the fans controlling stake to the point where they hold the smallest of margins!

What happens if they sustain 4 or 5 key injuries in the grueling 2nd half of the season and they have to get emergency loans, for example? Where will the wages come from?

They could so easily slip in to non lea

This has little to do with increasing the capacity of Fortress Tesco (clearly, an utterly pointless exercise) and everything to do with ensuring they are granted the necessary safety certificates for next season.

Makes you wonder how their stated maintenance budget of £10k per annum could be so far out..

Then again, portsmaths shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone - perhaps they'll put it down as a rounding error..

Quote Originally Posted by Brockley_Jack
    What I don't understand is why the club isn't stockpiling any profit for a rainy day ?
    Because there is none.

The business 'plan' was based on unrealistically high projected income and unrealistically low projected expenditure and is now shown up as the complete sham it really is. They were so desperate to retain they keys to the rathole that they ignored this blindingly obvious fact and gambled everything (and £2.5m of their fans' money) in the forlorn hope that 'something would come up'.

Well guess what - it has, and it confirms the intention of the club presidents (and property developers) to gain overall control.

No doubt po**sea island woke up this morning rife with skates regretting kissing goodbye to their grand

Beware the enemy within..

Very nice. Meanwhile on planet Earth their game has been called off. How about fixing that bit first?

Has anyone got any popcorn?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast