+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hennessey dont want to play for Wolves.

re: Hennessey dont want to play for Wolves.

I was shocking at hearing the news before kick off. I wonder if he would have sat on the bench if Ikeme hadn't been out injured? He was ok to take up the role at Tranmere. If there's a deal in the pipeline for him to go, i hope it's soon. I don't want it dragging on as in Sako's case. But at least with Sako, he's tried to get on with it.

Refusal to play is a massive insult to each and every person connected to Wolves.

Well I just hope that the deal goes pear shaped and we deal with him like O'Hara but even he has tried to reform.

As much as we are rivals, when players do this I am disgusted by it. Bloody joke you still pay him well enough.
    Would not surprise me if he has been tapped up by some agent, or his own agent is after a cut of any transfer money.

[quote="MichiganWolf"]I get being upset, but if the club are going to treat footy like a business, the players will too. Club doesn't always do what is best for the players. Players aren't always going to do what is best for the club. Hennessey and his agent see an opportunity to get back into the Prem, probably make a little bit more money than he is now. If you're going to be a backup, why be a backup in League One over the Prem? If we were in the Championship, I think he might have done differently, but we're in the third tier and no closer to the top flight than we were yesterday.

It's frustrating because we've been there for the past two years or so and watched him get healthy. But if the club didn't view him as an investment and getting him back healthy as the biggest payoff, would they have done so? Or would they just have gotten rid of him?

If this were Big George, would we be upset? Nope. We're upset because we view Hennessey as a quality player

Hennessey was happy to be selected to sit on the bench prior to Ikeme's injury. Jackett made his choice at the start of the season about who his first choice keeper would be.

Presumably a deal is afoot- let's just get another of the high-earners off the wage bill and move on

Any idea how much we will get for the scum bag...

Hennessey has his say and gives his reasons why he didn't feel it was right for him to play at Gillingham, all down to transfer speculation. - view external link

sKY bET:
    "We are hearing that Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has emerged as a target for Sky Bet Championship leaders Leicester City. Hennessey's future at Wolves has been the subject of speculation all month with Crystal Palace interested in his services. However, Leicester are now planning a move for the Wales international as they look to bolster their goalkeeping options. "

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill
    sKY bET:
    "We are hearing that Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has emerged as a target for Sky Bet Championship leaders Leicester City. Hennessey's future at Wolves has been the subject of speculation all month with Crystal Palace interested in his services. However, Leicester are now planning a move for the Wales international as they look to bolster their goalkeeping options. "
    I think he's seen as a replacement for Kasper Schmeichel who's ironically being linked to Palace.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)