+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the robinson effect

re: the robinson effect

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    That was a solid, c0ck up free defensive performance against a very attacking outfit.

Robinson's leadership and experience was central to that IMO!
    Personally I thought Robbo was the same old Robbo flapped badly at 3 crosses and was playing basketball having just parried a shot ending up bouncing the ball between his legs when he should have just pouched it easily, Don't get me wrong I've always liked Robbo and have stuck up for him many a time in the past when the likes of saxo have pilloried him (and now he his a goalkeeping god apparently) but lets call a spade a spade when Kean & now Eastwood seem to have paid the price for their mistakes surely it's only a matter of time before Robbo costs us, At the end of the day it's a very unforgiving position to play where any mistake usually leads to a goal whereas outfield players get a

I don't disagree about his flapping. I love the time the commentator mentioned that he would have been happy to feel the ball against his backside (so he knew it hadn't crossed the line).

A few beers made that into some funny innuendo.

Anyway, that aside, it is his commanding of the defense that puts him above the other two IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover
    That was a solid, c0ck up free defensive performance against a very attacking outfit.

Robinson's leadership and experience was central to that IMO!
    Personally I thought Robbo was the same old Robbo flapped badly at 3 crosses and was playing basketball having just parried a shot ending up bouncing the ball between his legs when he should have just pouched it easily, Don't get me wrong I've always liked Robbo and have stuck up for him many a time in the past when the likes of saxo have pilloried him (and now he his a goalkeeping god apparently) but lets call a spade a spade when Kean & now Eastwood seem to have paid the price for their mistakes surely it's only a matter of time before Robbo costs us, At the end of the day it's a very unforgiving position to play where any mistake usually leads to a goal whereas outfield players get away with it more often than not [/quote]

MH

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    MHR - one thing I noticed about him before is that he sometimes comes a yard too far for crosses, which leaves him under them. This means the incoming forward has the physical advantage. The timing has to be such that the keeper still has forward momentum when he jumps. There was at least one example of this today.
    On the other hand, he does look very confident in other respects. We shouldn't forget, anyway, that keepers' mistakes do get magnified. Can we really afford a keeper who is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Robinson, Kean and Eastwood?
    Can't argue with any of that Aucks

Such a massive squad and we cant afford one decent keeper?

Robbo did ok ..but ..i dunno .. as has been metioned ..hardly the future ..between Kean n Eastwood for me .great servant Robbo .people on here keep saying we ve a Young and up coming team ..well ..lets start with the keeper ...

I am of the opinion that despite the fact that Robbo is quite obviously not the future, at this point in time the importance of his 'commanding influence' (as recognised by virtually all) is and could be a major factor in the run in of this season.
    There is no doubt that this presence at Goalkeeper and/or central defence plus midfield 'engine room' is paramount to any well drilled squad.
    It is the engine room 'void' that has been our demise over the last 2+ seasons that has been at the core of our decline IMHO :/

Surely you've to give a bit of slack (in this match) what with him not playing a game for yonks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_van_nel
    Surely you've to give a bit of slack (in this match) what with him not playing a game for yonks.
    Shut the feck up stinky

Only jokin pal, just thought I'd get in there before Ghosty did

I've developed a bit of a complex actually MillHill.

I've been showering three times a day since this charade started.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)