+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United v Crewe ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

re: Rotherham United v Crewe ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Quote Originally Posted by shshsh22
    It isn't that long ago that Rotherham were playing at easily the worst ground in the football league. Millmoor, in the middle of a scrap yard and financed by a scrap man, was a dump.
    Rotherham United 2 Crewe Alexandra 5

You obviously never went to the DVS.The game will go like this.Constsant RUFC pressure for 20 mins,5 or 6 missed chances,then CAFC break away and score.We try and push forward,you catch us on the break,and score again.We lose.This happens in about 70%of our home games.Enjoy.[/quote]

Ohh,if only it were that simple.
    Take a 2-0 win but more likely a draw or home win.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuntsFanClub
    It isn't that long ago that Rotherham were playing at easily the worst ground in the football league. Millmoor, in the middle of a scrap yard and financed by a scrap man, was a dump.
    Rotherham United 2 Crewe Alexandra 5
    Can't agree with this - loved going to Millmoor, very atmospheric and usually a good playing surface which helped us. In fact I think I went three times and we won all three - particularly remember the Boxing Day game and Mark Gardiner scoring the wimner to put us top of the league - happy memories!!

Quote Originally Posted by crewedaft
    particularly remember the Boxing Day game and Mark Gardiner scoring the wimner to put us top of the league - happy memories!!

Yeah, I remember that one - 3-1 IIRC.
    That was the result that really made me believe I'd see a first promotion in my lifetime.

As for Millmoor, it wasn't THAT bad. I think he must be referring to the DVS, like the Millers fan said above. Now that WAS a hole, (sorry Jessica!), totally unsuited to football.

Looking at their record this season, jusdt 3 wins at home (from 12)? Got to fancy us to get something on our recent run. I just worry about the loss of Mesca and Hitch!

As I can`t do BTM,i`ll say on here,2-1 to the Alex,you know I make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SCALLYWAG60
    As I can`t do BTM,i`ll say on here,2-1 to the Alex,you know I make sense.
    Sorry used my nom de plume again

My wife and I live in Sheffield so I think I know the difference between Millmoor in Rotherham and Don Valley Stadium. . . in Sheffield.
    The former is, in our humble opinion, one of the worst football league grounds we have ever been too. It was a dump and surrounded by Booth's scrap yard. I grant you that we had some good results and memories, but the toilets, food, s**t stands, parking next to the railway lines, antiquated brick walls and turnstiles etc aren't up there.
    DVS has now been closed by Sheffield City Council and was no good for football or athletics (despite Jess Ennis training there)nor indeed rock concerts. The Stones sounded rubbish in that open wind-swept bowl about 15 years ago.
    Anyway, there we go. I'm sure New York Stadium (silly?) will be much better than both on Saturday. . . but that's not saying much.

KLFC sums it up nicely for me.
    On my first visit to Don Valley it was raining so I stood under the canopy ... which they'd cut a hole in! >:-( :-? and wet. :-/

Any teams fans who don't get to have a great day out at Wembley in the JPT and then win it always call it the tin pot trophy,rampant jealousy abounds!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    Any teams fans who don't get to have a great day out at Wembley in the JPT and then win it always call it the tin pot trophy,rampant jealousy abounds!
    we have won it me old mate but who cares

crewe have a good chance on saturday as we have about 12 players and our squad is a disgrace at the minute. we have an awful home record but saying that we have absolutley battered almost every team we have played this season but we just haven't taken chances and been punished for it with countless goals on the counter.

i hope crewe stay up and send down the vale. i hate that club and in particular tom dope. that lad has headed a football way too many times than is good for you and it clearly shows

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuntsFanClub
    My wife and I live in Sheffield so I think I know the difference between Millmoor in Rotherham and Don Valley Stadium. . . in Sheffield.
    The former is, in our humble opinion, one of the worst football league grounds we have ever been too. It was a dump and surrounded by Booth's scrap yard. I grant you that we had some good results and memories, but the toilets, food, s**t stands, parking next to the railway lines, antiquated brick walls and turnstiles etc aren't up there.
    DVS has now been closed by Sheffield City Council and was no good for football or athletics (despite Jess Ennis training there)nor indeed rock concerts. The Stones sounded rubbish in that open wind-swept bowl about 15 years ago.
    Anyway, there we go. I'm sure New York Stadium (silly?) will be much better than both on Saturday. . . but that's not saying much.

New York Stadium is not a silly, it comes from that area of Rotherham called New York

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast