+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Decisions, decisions...

Decisions, decisions...

Is there any point in stretching our meagre resources to keep a player for a few months? - view external link

re: Decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by jwok
    Is there any point in stretching our meagre resources to keep a player for a few months?
    Do the cost cutting now to prepare for next season. We are not going to get relegated and who gives a feck about second place, it only costs us money.

Next season is more important for us because, god forbid, if we are not ready and we struggle a play off spot could see us having to face either Rangers or Hearts.

Next season is already more important than this one. This season died weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mix106
    Is there any point in stretching our meagre resources to keep a player for a few months?
    Do the cost cutting now to prepare for next season. We are not going to get relegated and who gives a feck about second place, it only costs us money.

Next season is more important for us because, god forbid, if we are not ready and we struggle a play off spot could see us having to face either Rangers or Hearts.

Next season is already more important than this one. This season died weeks ago.[/quote]

Mix,if you feel this way, why do you bother going to league games at all?. surely the season is not only about "The Cups".

Quote Originally Posted by bheron

Next season is already more important than this one. This season died weeks ago.[/quote]

Mix,if you feel this way, why do you bother going to league games at all?. surely the season is not only about "The Cups". [/quote]

Because that's what supporters do and I enjoy football. I'm sorry if the fact that I see league placings, that ultimately achieve feck all, as less than enthralling upsets folk. In two years time ask anyone who finished 2nd, 3rd

I agree we have a lot to play for as even though some say waste of time I love qualifying for Europe as I get quality time with my son and my pals in different places and hopefully this year if we qualify we don't get a club so far away. The cups have gone get over it we cant turn the clock back so we need to do our best to finish as high up the table as we possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    I agree we have a lot to play for as even though some say waste of time I love qualifying for Europe as I get quality time with my son and my pals in different places and hopefully this year if we qualify we don't get a club so far away. The cups have gone get over it we cant turn the clock back so we need to do our best to finish as high up the table as we possibly can.

I can understand that for you personally but there are plenty Motherwell fans who don't travel away in Europe so the the attraction of qualifying is tame at best. Finishing as high up the league as we can... yes but get excited about it afraid not as it'll cost us money. Never was there such a dull dismall feeling generated by the club than when we finished second and qualified for the CL. If thats as good as it gets you can keep it.

I don't care about anybody else if we finish 2nd or 3rd then I have seen more wins than losses and my team have done well that's all that matters to me if someone outwith club cant remember tough does not affect me. I go to about 25 league games a year and im sure some go to all 38 so if we only lose about 30% of them then I will be happy as I enjoy watching my team win and hopefully now and again as in 2011 we actually put a cup run together I will get to the odd cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    I don't care about anybody else if we finish 2nd or 3rd then I have seen more wins than losses and my team have done well that's all that matters to me if someone outwith club cant remember tough does not affect me. I go to about 25 league games a year and im sure some go to all 38 so if we only lose about 30% of them then I will be happy as I enjoy watching my team win and hopefully now and again as in 2011 we actually put a cup run together I will get to the odd cup final.
    and thats what matters .. how you feel about it ... the fact that its different to me is neither here nor there.

Your right if we all agreed on everything would be a boring world

Each place in the Scottish Premiership is worth circa £80k. If can let Anier go back would that affect our final placing? There's no guarantees of course but if we dropped just one slot because we'd let him go then that would be costly. However we don't know how much cash is involved. If it was £150K - £200K then I would have second thoughts.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)