+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Milan Mandaric

Your thoughts on Milan Mandaric

I've seen a lot of negativity regarding MM and the way he is running the club, what are your thoughts on the clubs current financial state?

My view is that the lack of funds, loans taken out against the ground and our reliance on the loan system is frustrating the fans. The call by MM that we would 'push on' this season didn't help expectation levels - I know this is what the fans want to hear, but the squad we started the season with was weaker than last seasons, how can you push on with a weaker squad?. Our current financial state is worrying me, how long can we keep borrowing money against our assets?, the catering and corporate contracts were sold at the start of MM reign, it would be interesting to see if that was a good idea or not?.

I think the criticism you see from some fans of MM is often disguised as frustration; that we can't afford to buy players, that we only sign loan players (who then get recalled or loaned to someone else) and that we only sign free transfers that

re: Your thoughts on Milan Mandaric

How are you still living so far beyond your means? I thought Milan, being a good businessman, would have addressed this leakage pretty sharpish, even if it meant staying in League 1 another season or 2. Do you think you were promoted too early to cope with the added financial burden? Or is the slight fall in your home attendances making such a huge shortfall in your income? Not sure where you have gone wrong tbh, I thought once MM had taken you on you would have gone from strength to strength but, as you say, you are back to square one, or maybe even worse off than you were when he took over...

Quote Originally Posted by Southenders
    How are you still living so far beyond your means? I thought Milan, being a good businessman, would have addressed this leakage pretty sharpish, even if it meant staying in League 1 another season or 2. Do you think you were promoted too early to cope with the added financial burden? Or is the slight fall in your home attendances making such a huge shortfall in your income? Not sure where you have gone wrong tbh, I thought once MM had taken you on you would have gone from strength to strength but, as you say, you are back to square one, or maybe even worse off than you were when he took over...
    The club is losing money as the only major income it has is on a match day. I remember someone else comparing other revenue streams with teams in this league and we were near the bottom.

The frustrating thing is people have a dig at SWFC by claiming we did the bank out of millions, but the fact MM paid a large amount back and didn't take

Amen to that, would hate to see any team go bust, even your lot... but the way Bolton have conducted their business, and the way that slimeball Gartside tried to make the Premiership a closed shop, makes me think that they are one team I would happily see go to the wall.

Love Mandy for what he's done for us but...it doesn't look like he's got the heart or fight to take the next step that we need...hopefully he'll sell us to the right people, till then we're just treading water, or worse.

He owns the club, he saved the club, its his to get the best return he can from. We can bitch and moan as much as we want, it will have no effect on the club or MM. He is a business first and foremost and when all said and done wants a return on his investment.
    we may think he is not doing the best for the club, but who are we in our work a day life to say this?, we have no idea on multi-million busimess and running one, so for me he does what he can.

You really are the most deluded, dumb clucks in football. How long will it be before you realise that buying you avoided Mandrake paying extortionate tax on his profit from selling Leicester. Plus with the Hillsborough enquiry about to really screw you then nobody is going to buy your seedy club.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot
    You really are the most deluded, dumb clucks in football. How long will it be before you realise that buying you avoided Mandrake paying extortionate tax on his profit from selling Leicester. Plus with the Hillsborough enquiry about to really screw you then nobody is going to buy your seedy club.

And you call us deluded what a load a sh1t you speak piglet features

Lets all laugh at mahatmagrunt

Typical horrible pig...Loving the fact that he might be able to score a few points from an enquiry about people dying at hillsborough...

Take it somewhere else you horrible piece of sh!t...

I didn't know Milan Mandaric was part of SWFC when the Hillsborough disaster happened

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)