+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Couldn't believe my ears today...

Couldn't believe my ears today...

when I heard this.

That's right, a murder sentence was reduced because "cultural factors" were not taken into account!

What sort of country is this becoming? - view external link

re: Couldn't believe my ears today...

The country that Mook wants.

He'll be on in a minute to tell us that anybody who commits murder should be locked up regardless of race, colour, blah blah blah

As far as I'm concerned it was wrong to reduce the sentence on 'cultural grounds', it's not like they'd just gotten off the plane. Not the country that I want at all, it's farcical.

Apologies AJ that this doesn't fit in with your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1
    As far as I'm concerned it was wrong to reduce the sentence on 'cultural grounds', it's not like they'd just gotten off the plane. Not the country that I want at all, it's farcical.

It shouldn't matter whether they had just got off the plane or not - being from a certain part of the world should have no bearing on the sentence, full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnbull_Hutton

It shouldn't matter whether they had just got off the plane or not - being from a certain part of the world should have no bearing on the sentence, full stop.[/quote]

Fair point, I meant you could maybe see the logic in it if they'd only been here 5 minutes but as it is, there is no logic at all.

Seems to be a growing number of Tims on here showing intolerance towards other cultures, especially ones immigrating to Britain.

The sheer hypocrisy of it is, if nothing else, amusing.

If anything, it demonstrates that these religions stuck in the Dark Ages need to be treated with the contempt they deserve (not the people, the religions). I include the Roman Catholic Church, which is one of the most diabolical institutions to exist in the world today.

The sooner we discard all this cr@p and learn that morality should come from human decency, the better.

Befor you all go a bit daily mail, the minimum term was reduced and I would hardly say it was a massive reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by BertrandRussell
    Seems to be a growing number of Tims on here showing intolerance towards other cultures, especially ones immigrating to Britain.

The sheer hypocrisy of it is, if nothing else, amusing.

If anything, it demonstrates that these religions stuck in the Dark Ages need to be treated with the contempt they deserve (not the people, the religions). I include the Roman Catholic Church, which is one of the most diabolical institutions to exist in the world today.

The sooner we discard all this cr@p and learn that morality should come from human decency, the better.
    Whats this story got to do with religion ? and whatever you have against the catholic church which I cant see anything listed in this story you could quite easily have the same against the british states history over the years or any countrys governments over the years

Quote Originally Posted by ricos_beard
    Befor you all go a bit daily mail, the minimum term was reduced and I would hardly say it was a massive reduction.
    Well done on completely missing the point.

If they murderers were cultural background of the Orange Order they would have got their sentences increased.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)