+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STAND BY OUR MANAGER

STAND BY OUR MANAGER

Not posted on here for a while but always have a wee read when work allows

Not seen a league game this season due to international work commitments however alway looking for the score week in week out and am as big a club fan as anybody.

Reading through recent posts its hard to read the critisism Mr Sheerin is taking here for a bad half a season. Think back to the crap we were a custom to watching in years and managers gone by and this guy took a job where we had been relegated had no players and built a team who won the league in fantastic style hammering the Montrose tinks to do so and then the following season being runners up to a good Cowdenbeith side who couldent beat us over 4 fixtures.
    Then a mid table finish last year with the latter stages of a domestic cup and also the draw at parkhead and very unlucky to loose 1 0 in the replay. all in i think it is fair to say mr sheerin has been a great sucess at the club and deserves another season no matter which division we play next

re: STAND BY OUR MANAGER

Totally agree some fans have very short memories pre sheerin it was dire win loose or draw , so lets get behind team and less negativity and crap hurled from the terraces , happy new year to all lichties

Great post matlo, any "supporter" shouting for Paul Sheerin's head does not have a clue imo.
    The time to reflect on the season is at the end of it and I am convinced PS/SP after getting a few new signings will get us further up the league.

I have not agreed with all his signings as I never thought we had a big enough pool at the start of the season or enough height in our team but after what PS/SP has done for our club they deserve a chance to get us back on track and also something which is sadly lacking in football a bit of LOYALTY.

Support the Red Lichties and Happy New Year.

You only have to look at recent managerial changes in the SPFL to see that it's a big gamble. PS deserves our support to get things going again.

Have to disagree with the above comments guys. I've been to every single game this season, home and away, and there has been very little to remain positive about. In light of poor result followed by poor result, not to mention the sad state of performance levels. Especially from key players! I've serious misgivings as to whether he can turn things around? The signs in recent weeks have not been encouraging. Time and again we have crumbled in the face of adversity. I'm seriously concerned he has run out of ideas and anticipates, in desperation, vast improvement via transfer window signings?

It's not that I want him to lose his job. It's just that I'm bewildered as to why he hasn't. He has a considerable mountain ahead of him to climb, and I still despite everything hope he conquers it!

I just cant see personaly why he should be removed even if we are relegated we are never going to chase promotion every year we will always be an up and down club due to lack of support home and away which therefor means less funds than your Ayr uniteds Queen of the souths who have a massive average support compared to the lichties. We dont like unloyal players who jump ship to other clubs never mind other Angus clubs which then brngs us to a couple turn coat managers through the years ( Mr Weir) we have a loyal man who really want Arbroath to do well and do well for himself and his team so lets get behind that no matter what the outcome is at the end of the season !!!!1 SMOKIES AND WINE all the best today lads

Fellow Lichties I do not know how to highlight quotes from previous postings but as one who has criticised P.S. I suppose I qualify as being considered as dis-loyal.
    I have attended Gayfield since 1950 left Arbroath in 1965,worked in Glasgow and Edinburgh and never
    waivered in my support of my home town team.Freedom of speech is something I believe is called democracy.
    However I plead guilty as accused.
    Due to my alcohol content I will not be at Methil on Thursday.As I have said before the club is greater than any individual.

Quote Originally Posted by matlosmokie1990
    we will always be an up and down club due to lack of support home and away
    Personally I don't think we should be a "down" club! In comparison to the other Angus clubs our home and away attendances have been rather impressive, in my personal opinion.

Both Brechin and Forfar have been in this division longer than us since their respective promotion/relegation. Yet, at this rate we'll be back in the bottom tier and they most likely won't. We shouldn't be a "down" club. We should be better than your East Fifes and Airdires. They - East Fife and Airdrie - are seriously struggling to put together competitive performances. Yet, we are stuck in this mire because of seriously appalling performances of our own. There is only one person to answer for this in my opinion: Paul Sheerin. The bottom line is that it comes down to the manager for poor form. As 'housecaptain' says: the club is greater than any individual.

Am not sure "Fergie" could get a win with this squad, the manager deserves to get through the transfer window and see if he can save this season, if not, then at the end of the season a decision may need to be made

Quote Originally Posted by ectolichtie
    the manager deserves to get through the transfer window and see if he can save this season, if not, then at the end of the season a decision may need to be made
    Not sure he "deserves" that ectolichtie. Considerable damage as already been done this campaign. However, I understand that now we've reached this crucial stage - the January transfer window - he must be given the chance to turn it around. Therefore this window is of monumental importance to the rest of our season.

If we do go down he should lose his job in my opinion. It would be time for a change, as he was given his chance and failed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)