+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In Today's Guardian

In Today's Guardian

David Conn, in today's Guardian:

The Birmingham City director Peter Pannu was paid nearly A?1m in 2012-13, a year in which the club lost A?4m and sank into a perilous financial situation which continues to threaten its solvency.

Appointed a director in September 2012 of the club's holding company, Birmingham International Holdings, registered in the Cayman Islands tax haven and listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Pannu was paid a salary of HK$6.7m (A?525,073) for the nine months to 30 June 2013.

In addition Pannu's company, Asia Rays Limited, registered in Hong Kong, was paid HK$5.9m (A?464,569) for consultancy services to BIHL, whose overwhelmingly main business is owning Birmingham City.

This figure of close to A?1m follows more than A?1m paid to Pannu the previous year, also in the form of a salary and consultancy fees to Asia Rays.

Pannu declined to answer questions from the Guardian about City's financial situation as disclosed in accounts for the club and holding company

re: In Today's Guardian

Ultimately both of these deals to raise significant money for BIHL depend on Yeung agreeing not to be repaid his A?15m loan to City a?? about which the club's accounts say no documentation exists
    ----------------

you could not make a better soap if you tried I smell badly burned fingers ,if nothing happens soon

I can't believe any Bluenoses read the Guardian.
    How low we have fallen
    KRO

Quote Originally Posted by viperblue
    I can't believe any Bluenoses read the Guardian.
    How low we have fallen
    KRO
    Why - what do you read - the Daily Mail?

daily mail only if I want my blood pressure up.
    Birmingham mail & mercury will do for me
    For serious reading black county Bugle!!!!!
    KRO

The Black Country Bugle:

"Man eats a faggot"

Yeah, okay...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)