+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new player monday

re: new player monday

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch
    Anyone know how tall he is?
    6' 3" - so Google search states.[/quote]

Thanks for that AL. I searched but found nothing.
    You must use a different Google in the East. Something to do with the time difference?[/quote]
    Click on AL`s link,then go to 31/july/2013,and all will be revealed.

Nice one, Steve!
    In his latest interview explains why he wanted Uche - and made me chuckle when he said he was first choice ahead of Hitchcock, (one in the eye for him! ), back in December - it was just that Watford weren't prepared to let him go at that point, illustrated by his appearance as an unused sub in the FA Cup.
    And also explains why Uche is ahead of Saunders - physique, plain and simple! So no real surprise there!
    Here's hoping for a productive debut, sub or otherwise, against Leyton Orient.
    It can only be a good thing that he is good friends with Chuks too!

He's also signed until the end of the season which ensures he won't rock up playing against us in 6 weeks or so a la Hitchcock.

I appreciate the argument re. Saunders but I would n't be over the moon if I was Vadaine Oliver. Admittedly he has n't scored goals but he won't improve sitting on the bench, been more than a little unlucky on more than one occasion and it's completely beyond me how AJ got selected ahead of him last Saturday.

Vadaine has n't consistently reached the required standard this season but nor have any of the centre backs (take a look at the goals against column if you don't believe me) - we don't see too many attempts to loan a dominating centre back (not easy to come by admittedly).

We loaned Mesca, clearly had an agreement whereby he had to play and he was n't as good as Byron who has hit the required standard more often than most this season. How many times had we seen him play before signing him I wonder?

I can see why some of the players might get hacked o

Quote Originally Posted by DGFG
    I would n't be over the moon if I was Vadaine Oliver. Admittedly he has n't scored goals
    But ain't that just the point? We haven't got time for him to find his feet in our current predicament. Don't forget, he did only get 14 goals in the Conference last season - and 3 of those came in the last game. Not writing him off but he might prove more effective when confidence is higher and we are creating chances a-plenty!

We're improving but let's not pretend everything in the garden is rosy
    Not sure anyone is ...?!!

Positivity is fine but let's not lose sight of th fact that plenty of mistakes have been made with our signings, otherwise we would n't be where we are in the league nor keep needing to bring in loan players.
    And you wouldn't find many disagreeing with you on that, but at least Steve is trying to rectify it. The curr

How often have you seen Oliver play?

Based on what I've seen , I think he would be likely to score goals if he got the right sort of service i.e. crosses into the box that he can get on the end of.

Don't forget he had a perfectly good goal chalked off at Carlisle then was a threat against Crawley before getting ludicrously sent off.

Hitchcock then kept him out by virtue of scoring goals (fair enough), then Hitchcock goes back and Steve picks AJ.

Unfathomable, imo.

To be fair as you point out, his record with the loan signings over the last couple of seasons is pretty good, I hope the lad does well but there are no guarantees and I hope Steve has learnt from the Mesca experience and pointed out to Watford that he'll be picking our team.

I was n't championing the causes of Audel and Gregor, but rather using them as illustrations of signings that have n't come off (squad too big and he certainly ain't been as successful at loaning out our fringe players as he is at getting them in).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12