+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The last 12 games

re: The last 12 games

Quote Originally Posted by ectolichtie
    Stranraer were able to attract players and we were not, there must be a reason for this
    Not sure who you refer to. They have a small squad and limited budget. As already pointed out, it may suit some players who live in the west to sign for them.

My point is a general one, it is plain to see that Stranraer constructed a competitive squad in the summer, on a smaller budget I would assume, you not telling me that we could not have gotten someone like Jamie Longworth?

Absolutely not. But Savo Milne could have been a similar type of signing, but it didn't work out. That's what I mean by Stranraer getting the breaks which we patently haven't had.

If Savo had been rattling them in and Longworth retired??

I will say it again it was plain to see we never had strength in depth with our squad at the beginning of the season and folk that say height and a bit of muscle power does not count do not have a clue what they are on about.
    Just look at the physic of Stanraer when they played us the majority of our players were getting bullied off the ball and they won the majority of the headers.
    Look at even Rangers they must have at least 6 or 7 of the starting XI over 6 feet with the remainder direct speedy players (i.e. Bobby Linn/Cookie) it is not rocket science to work it out.
    Oh to have a Robbie Raeside/George Rowe/Malky/Stevie Mallan type players in our squad guys that can hustle and bustle and win headers.

Yep totally agree with AFC1320. Milne i think was the big disappointment, if he at least was averaging a goal every three games we would have been happy enough some of the odd goal defeats would have been draws dare i say it victories. Hey Ho did,nt work out i think losing Paul Currie was a blow as well because he could have chipped in with 8-9 goals a season in my opinion however if his head was not in the right place can;t afford to have him. Yet again our lack of a squad was shown on Saturday looking at Brechin they had Big Gerry, Trouten and Calum Antell on the bench and that was after letting Ryan Donnelly leave. We had Darren Smith and others at least big Nicholl looks decent enough early days though. As on similar posts i stayed behind also to support the lads as i felt they had given there all and can see at least they are trying, but that is not going to be enough i,m afraid we desparately need a goalscorer.

cmon the broath. (-:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)