+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: As we stand now.

As we stand now.

Morning all.

Considering what has happened and our injury situation, we really are not that bad off, 2pts from 4th spot and 7 from top spot, now I`m not saying we will make top spot, we are long from that dizzy height. Just to say that we have coped with the turmoil of a manager change where, Tim has stepped in and has shown that He is not afraid to bring in some of our young, ie, Bentelab, the kid is growing with each game and looks comfortable on the ball, energetic and a great passing ability.

In a way I am pleased that Walker has picked up a slight injury, this will give Naughton a small window time space to shine in his favoured position, Walker has been everywhere but in position, as Rose as well, should we recall Benny back from loan? Vertonghen is a week or two away for a return to action same with Kaboul but, like everyone else, they are just a knock from being back to square one with players forced to play out of position, recalling Benny would give us that little bit extr

re: As we stand now.

I agree that losing Defoe is a blow but please not Benny!!!

I have enough nightmares as it is!!

I'm still trying to get my head around Defoe going. I think we will miss him. I'm still not convinced we can rely on Ade to be at the races game after game, especially if he goes through a lean period and his head drops. I still can't work out Soldado, there are moments when he shines but then he misses relatively easy chances. And I've never understood what any of our managers have seen in Harry Kane. He reminds me of a beardless Ian Moores.

I think that Siggy, Lamela and Christian, or even Lewis, can play in the hole behind either Ade or Soldado but not convinced that they can play as part of a front two, which seems to be Tim's favoured formation.

I just wish we could get more players back from injury. I'll also be interested to see what Tim does when both Andros and Aaron are fit.

But as you say, we're not in such a bad position and the teams above us will start to take points off each other at some stage soon so it's certainly not gloom and doom time.

COYS!

No its not gloom and doom as our run in isn't at all bad and I'm hopeful that we can still scrape 4th!!

Injuries are a bit of a worry but all teams suffer them.

Good news is that Verts and Kabboul cd be back soon as well as Towny!

Naughton who I must admit isn't one of my favourites did surprise me against Palace as he played quite well!
    Will Walker get back in?
    Or switch him to LB instead of Rose!

COYS

Things could be worse and things could be better. We should be happy, considering what has happened, with our position. We are not far off reaching our goal and the teams above us as likely to go through a horror patch before the end of the season.
    Optimistic.

Yeah, I tend to agree with the general thrust of things cos we aren't that far off the top four and some of those teams have gotta start coming unstuck here and there.

It's a *******, though, that at this last weekend, virtually every result of the teams around us went against us.

What worries me is that we are still not giving any of the more average sides, with all due respect, a darn good, British style thrashing. I still think we have the best squad we've had for years, and if you take Capoue, for example, I'm astounded that rumours are now suggesting he may be out of here, given the enormous initial effect and promise he showed. What's gone wrong, or is happening behind the scenes, that is making such things occur? Surely, after buying all these players, someone's got the nous to utilise them more effectively?

I mean, against Palace in that first half, I could've thrown something at the ****ing screen, and when Sherwood spoke afterwards about his half-time talk of them needin

Afternoon Cliffy and some good points.

I think a lot of the problems we have is that with a new manager he inherits players he doesn't really fancy and with Sherwood he already has good inside knowledge of our youth squad coming thru' which isn't a bad thing.

I don't think he really rates Capoue or Holtby, both good players in my view!
    But he has been vindicated with Bentelab who im very pleased with!

And yes ive noted that a lot of teams who have a poor performance in the 1st half come out all guns blazing in the 2nd after a rollocking in the dressing room so why not like that?

I too share your concerns Cliffy. We need to give the Palaces, Cardiffs and Fulhams of the world a decent tonking. I always feel that goal difference doesn't lie, and ours is pretty poor to say the least. We need to really finish the 'lesser' teams off and start notching up some 3-0s or better. I'd feel much more comfortable then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs_Bogman
    I too share your concerns Cliffy. We need to give the Palaces, Cardiffs and Fulhams of the world a decent tonking. I always feel that goal difference doesn't lie, and ours is pretty poor to say the least. We need to really finish the 'lesser' teams off and start notching up some 3-0s or better. I'd feel much more comfortable then.
    You are so right, and the differences between ourselves and the other teams around us in the way they tackle those average sides, is so clearly shown by that goal difference.

You don't seem to see Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City and so on, needing to have a pep talk at half-time because they've hardly had a look-in against Palace, say, in the first half.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)