+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defoe

Defoe

one of the best ( if not the best ) player spurs have IMO...cant understand why he isnt a regular & why they are selling him ..?

send to bwfc we will sort him :-)

re: Defoe

31 years old we offered a good price. hes going to be the highest paid player in the Americas. and to be fair almost every time he gets the ball hes offside.

I bow to your superior knowledge mate , 90 grand a week . nuff said

As I posted on Wolves Board Unrelated to Wolves, Jermain Defoe has gone abroad, signing with Toronto FC from the MLS. He will be loaned back immediately to Spurs until March 1st when he will make his move to Toronto permanent. He will receive an initial salary of 68,000 GBP per week, possibly rising to 90,000 GBPs.

Toronto had a poor season in 2013, but are looking to move up with some serious signings over the winter. He will fly to Toronto this weekend to sign with the club, meet the Press and then fly right back. I wonder what he will think about the present Arctic deep-freeze hovering over the Toronto area.

Added: If Pele and Beckham can come over here why not Defoe?

Hello mate , hope yr well & good

no reason at all why he shouldnt make the move , i am however suprised given his age & form , tradtionally players have moved as there ( USA / Canada )Careers are drawing to a close , perhaps that’s all changed now eh

I know a local lad who worked very closely with Toronto all be it a few yrs back

I was surprised as well, a move like that involves more than switching clubs but a different culture, new friends, effect on family members whether they join him or not, etc. Also, hockey is still the #1 sport over here and football (soccer) will be the 3rd or 4th sport of choice in most Canadian cities.

It'll be a shame to see him go as I've always rated him..

Harlow don't rate any Spurs striker

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyo-villa

especially the black ones..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo

especially the black ones.. [/quote]

As far as colour goes as long as they ain't red it's all good. Our goal dif tells all you need to know about our strikers. They have ability just can't figure out why we don't get many goals

Quote Originally Posted by harlow_yid

especially the black ones.. [/quote]

As far as colour goes as long as they ain't red it's all good. Our goal dif tells all you need to know about our strikers. They have ability just can't figure out why we don't get many goals[/quote]

Defoe hasn't had a lot of game time in the league though has he?, he has played a lot in Europe and has scored goals...A good goalscorer in my opinion, but 6 mil for a 30 year plus player is not to be missed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast