+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoos - do you still like Alex Thomson?

Yahoos - do you still like Alex Thomson?

re: Yahoos - do you still like Alex Thomson?

He is not afraid to get up the noses of both half of the old firm/ no firm so respect for that.

He is right in as much as you cant kill an emotional attachment. Rangers fans will always see the new Rangers as the same thing - same, same badge, same strip, same ground etc but everyone else will see the legal entity that was Rangers FC went to administration failed to secure a CVA and went in to liquidation. That is just the way it is and will always be.

Is this a question for Celtic fans only and can non-Celtic fans join in?

I honestly had never heard of him till the dhubs on here started slagging him off cos he said something about them, but on this occasion, he has an opinion, wrong tjough it is, he's still entitled to it.

Yees are deid.

an emotional attachment is not a tangible asset.

rangers died.

get over it.

does woolies still exist cos some dipstick get all emotional over it.

clubs do die if they are not run properly no matter how sad it is for the supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by happytim

No. they still exist cos they still exist - view external link

rangers exist, but are not the same club as the old rangers.

as stated the club was not sold, only the assets, which allow a football club to operate, just not the same club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain_Ted

I remember in summer 2012, the future of Rangers was very much in doubt and nobody at Ibrox had a Scooby what the future would hold.

So, I found it interesting that at that time, Rangers had an advertising package on Talk Sport for their new strip. The tag line at the end was: "Rangers - The spirit lives on."

I noted with interest that they weren't in a position to be able to say "Rangers lives on" or such like. The following weeks would show that they were right not to make such a claim.

If I were asked if I accept that the spirit of Rangers is now with The Rangers and the continuation of the values and traditions are now with The Rangers, I'd say an absolute yes, Charles Green made sure as much from Rangers was carried over to The Rangers as possible so that he could present them as the same thing to the traumatised

Quote Originally Posted by Tain_Ted

No. they still exist cos they still exist [/quote]

Because a company purchased the.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)