+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Well this ain't good news is it !?

re: Well this ain't good news is it !?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    All sounds a bit reminiscent of good old 'Arry saying that he would 'Never go up the road to that club', before he, er, did!
    Not really.

MP chose his words carefully, confirmed that he has a professional responsibility to the club and its supporters and refused to be drawn on anything beyond the end of the season.[/quote]

Yep...while leaving in a few subtle "get out" clauses..pretty much as 'Arry did!

Quote Originally Posted by Soupytwist
    All sounds a bit reminiscent of good old 'Arry saying that he would 'Never go up the road to that club', before he, er, did!
    Not really.

MP chose his words carefully, confirmed that he has a professional responsibility to the club and its supporters and refused to be drawn on anything beyond the end of the season.[/quote]

Yep...while leaving in a few subtle "get out" clauses..pretty much as 'Arry did![/quote]

Don't think MP deserves to be compared with Saggy Chops. For a start one has an interpreter while the other has 'Rosie'.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupytwist
    Yep...while leaving in a few subtle "get out" clauses..pretty much as 'Arry did!
    As comparisons go, that's about as tenuous as you can get..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    As comparisons go, that's about as tenuous as you can get..[/quote]

I think it is just that he doesn't know who the owners will be in the summer.

For me that is all that statement really says about MP but it does really say that the owner is probably selling.

Hope it all works well for you...If you DO change your owners, chairman and manager...PLEASE change the size of your program for next season (Assuming we are still in your division)
    Change might also mean I don't get soaked and see a draw in the pissing rain for the third year running

Seriously though...Good luck, I like the Saints and hope this is just a small bump rather than a big problem.

Well as the dust starts to settle following the sudden and surprising, although not unexpected, recent upheaval, time for a brief reflection upon on what is past and to think about what the future holds.

So it seems as though the Liebherr family may want to cash in. This has long been expected. It's also understandable that Mr Cortese should see his position as untenable without the continuing freedom to do what he thinks is right. It has long been this fan's opinion that the apparent lack of accountability would not continue and that something would eventually give. There was only ever going to be one winner.

Nicola Cortese's legacy is positive and he leaves Saints in a far stronger position than when he found them. I thank him for that.

The future ? Who knows ? Wait and see.

I want to be in that number,
    When the Saints go marching in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    As comparisons go, that's about as tenuous as you can get..[/quote]

I think it is just that he doesn't know who the owners will be in the summer.

For me that is all that statement really says about MP but it does really say that the owner is probably selling.

Hope it all works well for you...If you DO change your owners, chairman and manager...PLEASE change the size of your program for next season (Assuming we are still in your division)
    Change might also mean I don't get soaked and see a draw in the pissing rain for the third year running

Seriously though...Good luck, I like the Saints and hope this is just a small bump rather than a big problem.[/quote]

As long as you don't put 4 past us again at the hooferdome I can live with that!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789