+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants Dundee FC promoted ?

Who wants Dundee FC promoted ?

Not me!

I want them doon4liife or a slow demise.

The derbies are great but if they come up and thrive - one day they could beat us. Definately don't want that.

re: Who wants Dundee FC promoted ?

Not me

Just don't see a long term benefit for us in a small city to have a rival top flight club on our door step

They were relatively successful when we were stuck in the diddy league back in the day (not the same as being stuck down there as a "big" city club like them in modern times, minter ) but since we established ourselves in the top flight they have never been the same again, i cannot recall both clubs managing to do well in the top flight together in the post-Murray/Souness/Eighties/Bosman era

Our club just has to look after ourselves, we can't control whether Dundee come up or not (they should this year especially but them being the fun it's no guarantee), aslong as we continue do the right things as we have the last 6-7 years then we wont be easy for them to match nevermind surpass or better in the derbies either anytime soon (is annoying how they came up for one season to face our weakest side since 2006 though)

I am in a very diplomatic mood this morning so my wish for the Dees is the very same as FTDAB,Wehatetangerine,Noah Arab and Taintedice wish for my club.

Get them up. 9 points in the bag and a right laugh when they get pumped out again.

Anyone who wants Dundee promoted is not a Dundee United fan .

Bull. Many United fans love Derby matches and would like them to happen. I put myself in that category. Would I want to watch us play Dundee or Hamilton? Yes I'd like them promoted AND I'm a Dundee United fan.

Nope.

I want them to die.

S.T...

If they played us twice at Tannadice, could be 200k extra in the bag for the club. On that basis yes.

i used to not bother if dundee were there or not until admin 1. Then for some very odd reason, a lot of their fans blamed utd for their demise (repeated recently by sevco fans). The vitriol that some of these fans aimed at utd was unwarranted and unjustified (the chuckle brothers walked away heroes ffs). These actions had a profound effect on me and, even though i have a few mates that are bnb's (they know my feelings on this subject) I want them to cease to exist as soon as possible, then the whole city can be UTD behind a well run family club.

Cue the keyboard hammering on dfc mad...pleasing

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)