+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Theme Park Titanic'

'Theme Park Titanic'

Plans to build a full-scale Titanic replica with an iceberg simulation in a Chinese theme park are in bad taste, a Northern Ireland politician has said.

The attraction in Sichuan province, about 930 miles from the sea, will let ***dreds of people at a time experience the shipwreck.

The Titanic was built in East Belfast, Ireland.

The vessel, the largest luxury ship in its time, struck an iceberg on its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York. It went down on 15 April 1912, leaving more than 1,500 people dead.

Su Shaojun, chief executive of the Seven Star Energy Investment Group that funded the project, said "the universal love and sense of responsibility shown during the Titanic shipwreck represent the spiritual richness of human civilisation".

"When the ship hits the iceberg, it will shake, it will tumble," he said.

"We will let people experience water coming in by using sound and light effects ... They will think, 'The water will drown me, I must escape with my life'."

re: 'Theme Park Titanic'

Did you complain about the big bad Rangers fans singing The Famine Song?

Genuine question.

When I saw the thread title I naturally assumed this was about the Rangers.

Ye wee rascal Pouge

Quote Originally Posted by BertrandRussell
    Did you complain about the big bad Rangers fans singing The Famine Song?

Genuine question.
    The chorus of that wee song is quite funny so no I didn't complain...strange question!

Everybody who was on it died years ago so I really don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullard
    When I saw the thread title I naturally assumed this was about the Rangers.

Ye wee rascal Pouge
    Always dangerous to make assumptions Dullard...ma granny used to call me "a wee rascal"!

Quote Originally Posted by Poguemahone
    The chorus of that wee song is quite funny so no I didn't complain...strange question!
    The famine killed people a couple of ***dred years ago. I don't see why anyone would be offended by a song about it now. The Tims need to 'chill out' a bit.

See?

I think that's a weird idea for a theme park.

They should do one where you can get in Sirus' octopus tank & see how long you can last with the various tidal waves & giant octopus arms flailing about as if independent from his heid

pogue uses the term "planters" to mask his sectarianism

Ach Gers stop being a wee drama queen its just a wee derogatory term for some of the people in Ireland...Unlike you I've not got a sectarian bone in ma body!!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)