+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billy's back!!

Billy's back!!

Can't fault the owners for backing Paul Dickov in the transfer window, a great signing. Would be nice if JR came back into the fold.

re: Billy's back!!

Well done Directors! It's difficult to see JR returning in a significant role. Looking to the future I hope Billy becomes a permanent signing should he replicate his previous goals return.

I must admit I (like many others) was more than a bit concerned at the apparent lack of reaction by the Board of Directors following the recent string of defeats, particularly as a run of injuries had cut the team down to its bare bones. Understandable in these circumstances, when supporters start to vent their negative feelings, especially when the club remains silent regarding its intentions. With the board's recent communication of intent and the sudden spurt of new signings and re-signings (welcome back Richie Wellens and Billy Sharp!), it looks like we may now be in for an interesting battle for survival, when it seemed earlier that we'd raised the white flag. And maybe Alcott will even decide to attend his second match of the season. Thank you to those concerned for proving a few people wrong. Who knows, maybe the takeover plan was not the best solution, after all...

Personally, I think we have made some decent recent additions to the squad and getting most of the squad back from injuries shows a glimmer of hope that we might just escape the drop zone after all. Our win over Wigan was evidence of that. That performance for the rest of the season should see us safe.
    Welcome back Billy, and let's hope he is on top form for the rest of the season for his sake and ours.