+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hobbs back to Hull?

re: Hobbs back to Hull?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    Hull have welched on a deal. Simple as.

How do you work that out? If the contracts had been signed and sealed there would be no way out for Hull, Hobbs would be a Forest player. If a contract was signed with a recall clause then Hull have the right to use it.

My guess is that Forest were unwilling (or even unable?) to meet his wage demands so nothing was finalised. Hull have had fresh interest from Reading or Wigan and want to maximise their players value before the window closes. It looks like Hobbs could see the season out at any of the four clubs depending on who is willing to pay what.[/quote]
    I disagree EP. I think your're forgetting that even Bruce had said , a deal close to 1M had been agreed. So what happened?
    For me IMHO it's down to this.
    Verbal agreements mean nothing. It seems.

It seems Hull wanted A?A?A? to buy out the clause or wouldn't let that clause g

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie

If a contract was signed with a recall clause then Hull have the right to use it.

My guess is that Forest were unwilling (or even unable?) to meet his wage demands so nothing was finalised. Hull have had fresh interest from Reading or Wigan and want to maximise their players value before the window closes. It looks like Hobbs could see the season out at any of the four clubs depending on who is willing to pay what.[/quote]

More or less what I've been saying. I think there's no issue about paying Hull for Hobbs, that has been resolved.

The issues are:
    a) the loan deal with a recall clause, which they are entitled.

b) the issue of salary and to a lesser extent where Forest will be playing in next season.
    If the 2 recently demoted clubs are prepared to match or pay the closest amount to what he's been getting, then if I'm his agent it

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

If a contract was signed with a recall clause then Hull have the right to use it.

More or less what I've been saying. I think there's no issue about paying Hull for Hobbs, that has been resolved.

The issues are:
    a) the loan deal with a recall clause, which they are entitled.

b) the issue of salary and to a lesser extent where Forest will be playing in next season.
    If the 2 recently demoted clubs are prepared to match or pay the closest amount to wha

All decent points Romanis, but there is still something that doesn't quite add up. You are in a league position where play-offs should be an absolute minimum, and a top two position isn't out of the question. The rewards if you go up are massive, so if your owner has the vast wealth that has been suggested, why won't he pay that little bit over the odds if it increases your chance of making it to the Premiership? It would surely only be pennies to him, you are already way over FFP limits, so why doesn't he open his wallet?

the point is hull were allowed to recall him if they had an injury crisis (so we are told) so if he is now sold or loaned out to another team in the near future it would show that hull had reneged on the original agreement ?????

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred
    the point is hull were allowed to recall him if they had an injury crisis (so we are told) so if he is now sold or loaned out to another team in the near future it would show that hull had reneged on the original agreement ?????

Would it? What was the original agreement? If Forest had negotiated the right contract then Hull couldn't do anything.

It seems they didn't, draw your own conclusion as to why they didn't.

we were told that it was a season long loan with a recall clause only in an emergency. therefore he should either be a forest player or a hull player for the duration of this season. the goalposts seem to move when other teams put in offers for him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123