+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's cup draw

re: Today's cup draw

Quote Originally Posted by Brockley_Jack
    Bloody Sunderland away.. What a crap draw.. :/

Still, two from Arsenal, City, Chelsea & Liverpool will go out in the next round..
    Could be worse. We have an excellent away record against Sunderland and have usually won or drawn our games there. The 2-1 League Cup game was our only defeat up there in recent decades.[/quote]

I thought you were a skate![/quote]

I thought you were a skate! [/quote]

Touche.

The draw is being very kind to you this season and with the top four playing each other the road to Wembley will be further smoothed.
    Should get past Sunderland and then you are one game away from a Wembley semi final. It's all looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    Could be worse. We have an excellent away record against Sunderland and have usually won or drawn our games there. The 2-1 League Cup game was our only defeat up there in recent decades.
    Dismal place, dismal journey for travelling fans, not beaten them in our last four outings, the scene of crucial injuries that could yet cost us league places and it wouldn't surprise me if we have the additional pressure of being the bookies' favourites..

Yes, it's winnable, but I'd happily settle for a draw at this moment in time..

They won't want a draw what with them being in a relegation battle and with the League cup final looming the week the replay would be played.

One thing's for certain...none of you plastics will go.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheCat
    One thing's for certain...none of you plastics will go.

How was Morecombe bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    They won't want a draw what with them being in a relegation battle and with the League cup final looming the week the replay would be played.
    It's a damn god draw for you. Two of the big guns will go out and you've got a team more interested in a Cup Final and a relegation campaign. The team they sent out on Saturday were left hanging on against Kidderminster, I can't believe they'll put out anything different for your game.

I'm concerned my '38 Years' post is in danger of being lost.

It could be a good time to play them, but with Pod's previous he'll probably put a stronger side out in hope of getting another one over us. Best chance to get to the quarter finals since 2003. But one game at a time please.

Looking at how best to get to this one...

Over 200 quid by train or air, neither of which are great times and both appear to involve a stop over..

Probably 100 quid or so in fuel to drive it..

Cheapest option would be Travel Club (40 notes ?) but likely to be 7 hours plus (each way) on a coach..

Think the car's looking favourite at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Looking at how best to get to this one...

Over 200 quid by train or air, neither of which are great times and both appear to involve a stop over..

Probably 100 quid or so in fuel to drive it..

Cheapest option would be Travel Club (40 notes ?) but likely to be 7 hours plus (each way) on a coach..

Think the car's looking favourite at the moment...
    I might be up for that if there's a spare seat?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast