+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mull of Kintyre...

Mull of Kintyre...

I might be missing the obvious here but I apologise in advance if I have but why do Forest fans just before the start of each half give it some on the Mull of Kintyre. Dont get me wrong its super loud but I turned to a couple of our fans and they didnt know.

re: Mull of Kintyre...

They've hi-jacked the tune, but have changed the lyrics, which are now more appropriate to Nottingham Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOno
    They've hi-jacked the tune, but have changed the lyrics, which are now more appropriate to Nottingham Forest.
    It's sung for Billy because he's Scottish! Why else would an English team sing bagpipe songs!

Well DCM we were all stood there bemused by it all.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    I might be missing the obvious here but I apologise in advance if I have but why do Forest fans just before the start of each half give it some on the Mull of Kintyre. Dont get me wrong its super loud but I turned to a couple of our fans and they didnt know.
    Because it's "city ground, mist rolling in from the Trent" - view external link

And its all to do with our large connection to scottish players over the years !!!!!!!!

No it's not, we just latched on to the original and changed the words because it came out in our Title winning season.

Funny that because most my sheep mates claim we don't sing it very loud which I know is bull **** because fans of all other clubs say the opposite. It's brilliant when the floodlights are on and the mist is blowing in off the Trent like when we beat the sheep 5-2.

Well DCM we were all stood there bemused by it all.
    The song has been sung at the City ground since the late 70`s.

Although you never got to hear it the other night "you've lost that loving feeling" is another, listen out for it on Feb 5th

Yeah it's our anthem song, just like City's Blue Moon or Liverpool's YNWA (although I believe Celtic adopted it too and earlier).

Talking about our title winning season here's the song the players sang together with Paper Lace: - view external link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast