+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations Comp 2014

re: Six Nations Comp 2014

Week 1:
    Wales v Italy - Wales
    France v England - England
    Ireland v Scotland - Ireland

Week 2:
    Ireland v Wales - Wales
    Scotland v England - England
    France v Italy - France

Week 3:
    Wales v France - Wales
    Italy v Scotland - Scotland
    England v Ireland - England

Week 4:
    Ireland v Italy - Ireland
    Scotland v France - France
    England v Wales - England

Week 5:
    Italy v England - England
    Wales v Scotland - Wales
    France v Ireland - France

Tiebreaker: 49 points

Week 1:
    Wales v Italy WALES
    France v England FRANCE
    Ireland v Scotland IRELAND

Week 2:
    Ireland v Wales IRELAND
    Scotland v England ENGLAND
    France v Italy FRANCE

Week 3:
    Wales v France WALES
    Italy v Scotland SCOTLAND (for a change)
    England v Ireland ENGLAND

Week 4:
    Ireland v Italy IRELAND
    Scotland v France FRANCE
    England v Wales ENGLAND

Week 5:
    Italy v England ENGLAND
    Wales v Scotland WALES
    France v Ireland FRANCE

Tiebreaker:
    How many points will Italy score in the competition? 61

I know nothing about Rugby but will give this a go anyway.

Week 1:
    Wales v Italy WALES
    France v England ENGLAND
    Ireland v Scotland IRELAND

Week 2:
    Ireland v Wales WALES
    Scotland v England ENGLAND
    France v Italy FRANCE

Week 3:
    Wales v France WALES
    Italy v Scotland ITALY
    England v Ireland ENGLAND

Week 4:
    Ireland v Italy IRELAND
    Scotland v France SCOTLAND
    England v Wales ENGLAND

Week 5:
    Italy v England ENGLAND
    Wales v Scotland WALES
    France v Ireland IRELAND

Tiebreaker:

How many points will Italy score in the competition? 60

Update after the first week of the 6 Nations. Everybody got the straightforward task correct of predicting Wales and Ireland to win (even Jim), but less than half got France beating England.

Hard to imagine there will be a better game than that in the entire tournament and yes SD I was a tad gutted afterwards. But I look to the positives now and we really should've won, our second half performance was outstanding. Shame Lancaster chooses to make substitutions by default, replacing Hartley has done for us again. But with key men missing (Tuilagi, Corbisiero, Croft) this team can improve so much more.

Hope you like the League Table...

My risky draw punt nearly became reality. Table graphic looks OK too.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    My risky draw punt nearly became reality. Table graphic looks OK too.
    Thanks Corky, there were a number of complaints last year so I have tried to rectify.

I would guess those moans were in Welsh.

Cheesy Leeks to that I say.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Update after the first week of the 6 Nations. Everybody got the straightforward task correct of predicting Wales and Ireland to win (even Jim), but less than half got France beating England.

Hard to imagine there will be a better game than that in the entire tournament and yes SD I was a tad gutted afterwards. But I look to the positives now and we really should've won, our second half performance was outstanding. Shame Lancaster chooses to make substitutions by default, replacing Hartley has done for us again. But with key men missing (Tuilagi, Corbisiero, Croft) this team can improve so much more.

Hope you like the League Table...

Absolute cracking game of Rugby, the 1st 30 secs and when we didn't capitalize on the line we had on their line mid way through the 2nd half undid all the hard work.

I also do not understand some of these substitutions, Hartley and Care should both

Trying to look at it objectively, I think Lancaster is trying to build a team that can keep up a high level of intensity for the full 80 mins. To be fair to Youngs, he caused a lot of problems for the French in the loose, but will be haunted by that one missed line out throw (unfortunately he did the same against NZ). It's a learning experience and but for a couple of lucky bounces of the ball, the French wouldn't have scored their 2 early tries.

All a matter of building for 18 months time when hopefully we'll get the luck too.

I thought we were guilty of a lot of poor decision making in the 1st half, and I agree about the substitutions, especially Care.

Lineouts puzzle me - throwing in is a totally unique skill which has nothing to do with the rest of the game, so why is it always the hooker that has to do it?

Penalty kicking, for example, isn't always done on the basis of which number a player has on his back, admittedly most kickers are 10s or 15s, but there are plenty of 9s taking penalties, and John Eales kicked some important penalties as a lock forward.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)