+ Visit Charlton Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Confirmed Signing - Reza Ghoochannejhad

Confirmed Signing - Reza Ghoochannejhad

Now up on the OS for a couple of hours.

Another cast off from Standard Liege. Time will tell, quite worrisome in that none of the players that have come in thus far have any sort of meaningful experience in the English game.

I can not see him pulling up any trees but I hope he proves me wrong.

re: Confirmed Signing - Reza Ghoochannejhad

Quote Originally Posted by CAFCsword
    Now up on the OS for a couple of hours.

Another cast off from Standard Liege. Time will tell, quite worrisome in that none of the players that have come in thus far have any sort of meaningful experience in the English game.

I can not see him pulling up any trees but I hope he proves me wrong.
    Yes I saw that an unknown and not what you need to for a relegation scrap. Is this a replacement for Yann Kermorgant I really hope you read this and stay Yann.

Fans really need to make their feelings known to the new board about this, the best players are being sold off and Mr Duchatelet is renowned for moving 'his' players around like chess pieces between his clubs.

Bit of a hashtag uprising going on twitter. #DontSellYannKermogant - Will the new board listen, who knows. But sources say that Yann is having his medical this morning.

Anyone else hoping he pulls up with a niggle this morning?

Your new owner appears to be pulling all the strings now. The manager is powerless. He is being told that he must play the players he is being sent as they have to be in the shop window. This is the reason Ben Alnwick has now been allowed to leave by the manager as he has to play the young French guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zymosis
    Your new owner appears to be pulling all the strings now. The manager is powerless. He is being told that he must play the players he is being sent as they have to be in the shop window. This is the reason Ben Alnwick has now been allowed to leave by the manager as he has to play the young French guy.
    Yes you're right, it makes Chris Powell's position untenable.

It reminds of what the WHU owners did to Alan Curbishley when they sold off his defenders against his wishes.

Ben Alnwick was an excellent goal keeper and there was no need to sell him on so the new owners are forcing players into the squad and on Chris Powell whether he wants them or not.

I now find myself very much against this takeover and wish things stayed as they were. Twitter isn't up to much, far better to protest at the ground as fans did in the days of Alan Pardew.