+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking your kids out of school.

Taking your kids out of school.

I think children will learn more if you took them out of school. For example if your an electrician your child would be able to 're wire a house by the time he's ten. Same if your a builder and he would be able to build a house at a very early age.
    I think if you don't have a trade or skill to pass on you could send them on an apprenticeship when the get to the age of 8. They would be more useful and better off in the long run.

Thoughts

re: Taking your kids out of school.

They are small enough to go up chimneys too. Are you for real?

Im not talking about child labour but just get better educated with more relevant skills.

But you said take them out of school and get them into apprenticeships when they're eight. This is child labour. They're your words.

I've seen child labour. I don't think it's the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad
    I think children will learn more if you took them out of school. For example if your an electrician your child would be able to 're wire a house by the time he's ten. Same if your a builder and he would be able to build a house at a very early age.
    I think if you don't have a trade or skill to pass on you could send them on an apprenticeship when the get to the age of 8. They would be more useful and better off in the long run.

Thoughts
    BONGO, BONGO - HAVE YOU EVER VISITED PLANET EARTH ??????????????????

Child labour was scrapped by the Victorians after they 100's of children were being maimed or killed each week !

Your probably waring clothes, drink coco ect that use child labour so lets not take the moral highground. Im fully aware of this trade and the issues. Whats the difference in a child spending 7 hours a day at school or spending the same time learning how to plum a sink. Im quite sure plumbing a sink will be more usefull than a gcse in home economics. School is a form of brainwashing.

Everyone should have the right to decide what they do in life and what you're proposing is that decision would be someone else's. Children should learn to read and write, learn the history of the World and its geography, learn to appreciate art and music, play sport and grow up with other children. They can do all this and still learn to plumb a sink or wire a house should they decide to do so. Your opinion, in my opinion, is just ridiculous. It makes me want to stay in front of you in the fantasy league even more.

Some good points there pacasso but thinking you will finish above me at fantasy football is ridiculous.

I agree some basic education is needed like maths and reading. But to be honest all school taught me was being confused or wrong is a crime.

Bongo, I have no idea how long ago you left school but you are still clearly confused and wrong. I suggest you go learn how to plumb a sink.

Exactly Picasso! I'm a classic example of why schools don't work. I would have been better staying at home plumbing a sink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)