+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: To Appeal or Not to Appeal - That is the Question

re: To Appeal or Not to Appeal - That is the Question

Quote Originally Posted by diamondhammer
    Unfortunately ...no chance...He did make contact with c.untchops hairline and his arm was swinging...
    ...Webb is untouchable...
    Totally agree. Not a red card but unless Webb backs us forget it. Ain't gonna happen>:-([/quote]

But ultimately, for Carroll to miss 3.5 games for something so innocuous is so disproportionate it's a f-cuking joke.

You can go in knee-high, two footed and still get the same punishment.

No sense of proportion in their system. But then why does that surprise me. The game is run by a bunch of corpses with no imagination.

To make a decision they have to form a "make a decision committee"... and arrange a meeting for July 2015 to discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Tone_Loc
    Unfortunately ...no chance...He did make contact with c.untchops hairline and his arm was swinging...
    ...Webb is untouchable...
    Totally agree. Not a red card but unless Webb backs us forget it. Ain't gonna happen>:-([/quote]

But ultimately, for Carroll to miss 3.5 games for something so innocuous is so disproportionate it's a f-cuking joke.

You can go in knee-high, two footed and still get the same punishment.

No sense of proportion in their system. But then why does that surprise me. The game is run by a bunch of corpses with no imagination.

To make a decision they have to form a "make a decision committee"... and arrange a meeting for July 2015 to discuss[/quote]

I agree with you- I'm only projecting what I think will happen -not what 'should' happen...

July 25th is after the end of the season..

If Webb mans up and admits he didn't see the incident, then the club may get away with a one match ban.

Flores (sp) should be very harshly dealt with for his overreaction. If the panel have any bol.locks then they will know his reputation for play acting.

The thing is though Carroll did swing his arm...even if no contact was really made.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
    Laudrup, fair play to him has said live on tv it was not a red card,
    1 match ban imo.
    Well if not a red card then why any ban at all??????[/quote]because he did lash out, just didn't connect!

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn
    1 match ban imo.
    Well if not a red card then why any ban at all??????[/quote]because he did lash out, just didn't connect![/quote]

I don't see his arm movement as "lashing out". It seemed, on tv at least, to be a natural arm mnovement. It didn't appear to be done with great force. Carroll is a big lump and I think if he'd meant it then Flores would have been sparko and not able to do the multi roll drama queen act he did.

Certainly no a red imo. Possibly a yellow, on the grounds of being "dangerous". No way can any appeal be seen as "fatuous", which means an extra game ban, so nothing to lose.

When the opposition manager says it's not a red card then take it to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    1 match ban imo.
    Well if not a red card then why any ban at all??????[/quote]because he did lash out, just didn't connect![/quote]

I don't see his arm movement as "lashing out". It seemed, on tv at least, to be a natural arm mnovement. It didn't appear to be done with great force. Carroll is a big lump and I think if he'd meant it then Flores would have been sparko and not able to do the multi roll drama queen act he did.

Certainly no a red imo. Possibly a yellow, on the grounds of being "dangerous". No way can any appeal be seen as "fatuous", which means an extra game ban, so nothing to lose.

When the opposition manager says it's not a red card then take it to the wire.[/quote]indeed, what i said, 1 match ban and so

I was in the Trevor Brooking and I thought that cheating (unt was going into some spasm or something...minimal contact from where I was and they've just said on the tele that we will appeal.

Howard Webb should have told the cheating c unt to get up and stop mugging himself off... and then booked him. I would have kicked him in the head for good measure

Never a red card. Seen the footage now and ther is no intent and he hardly caught him.

If anything it should have been a foul to us.

Just read that even Swansea's manager Laudrup has claimed it was never a red.
    Webb and the Linesman got it completly wrong. Will be stunned if it is not overturned.

Chico should be renamed Cheato. (unt.

http://abload.de/img/andydcajsjlj.gif

Link for the red card gif. Cant seem to upload it normally. Copy and paste.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)