+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The sack Barker Brigade

re: The sack Barker Brigade

So Gosport, if you made the decisions would you recall Whittingham...I'm as frustrated as everyone but even Abramovich wouldn't sack a manager after 2 months

Johno, fans were singing Shorey's praises in centre mid after the Oxford & Morecombe games, Painter is the only other left back at the club, so maybe someone other than Padovani to partner him in centre mid might be a more plausible debate

not sure 17th of may . maybe the club should have stuck with whittingham but its all in the past now . but I really think Barker will take the club down the bloke has not got a clue. if he does go I would give Awford the job until the end of the season

"I started out playing in midfield when I was a kid and it has always been my favourite position," - view external link

I would play Racon ahead of Padovani

Under Whittingham the players were unfit and blatantly taking the pi55 when it came to training. If the club had stuck with him it would've been bad for him aswell. He looked terrible in his last interviews and no one should want to see that.

Barker has at least addressed the fitness issue. He needs to address quality now and that'll take a long time. But he knows this and said so in his early interviews.

And Awford doesn't want the job.

Gosport, Racon was dreadful in his last game against Oxford, his 1st touch & timing was awful & he had to be dragged off before he got sent off. However, I agree you can't play 2 ball players in centre midfield, especially at this level

Whittingham was awful and signed awful players and persisted with the crap when he had better on the bench. Awford wasn't convincing and barker is a mate of the chairman.

I think barker has steadied the ship, but is far too defensive, so its hardly being right or brave in doing so.So unless he tries to win games we're in real trouble.

Yesterday at home playing an awful side we created NOTHING and barker didn't change it around when after 10 minutes anyone could see we were terrible.

Unfortunately richie has no football pedigree, so the style of his football is of a very poor defensive standard. Yesterday he was yet again too concerned about a poor side rather than how we can hurt them.

bad times with bad players and shocking performances.

At least the players we have out on loan will have plenty of conference league experience ready for next season.

Barker is a small club manager, Pompey is too big for him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)