+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The sack Barker Brigade

The sack Barker Brigade

Like everyone else at FP yesterday I was left with inevitable conclusion that we were shocking and ultimately the buck stops at the manager. However, does anyone in their right mind think that sacking Barker would be a move in the right direction. He's been in the job for 2 months, he has a squad, that at best is very average at league 2 level & he is now having to deal with a crowd that feel that because we are averaging 15k at home & at least 1k at every away game that these extremely average players should be more than a match for their opponents, our players obviously can't raise their game to the levels expected of the crowd, & let's be honest the crowd have not lived up to their previously awarded accolades, at all this season. At best we've been loud in spells of a game this season, but then 15k voices should be.

12 months ago we were on the brink of extinction, 12 months on a section of our support are sounding like the mega rich chairman who throw their toys out of the pram &

re: The sack Barker Brigade

Sot on.

Pretty much agree with all of that except the average league 2 squad. Lots of them have experience of playing at a higher level, including some at Premier League. They should be doing better.

I also agree with the above,richie barker also has players that he has to get who are either loans or frees,[no excuse for not giving their all though]we all new what we were to get when the club come out of admin,3 games in 7 days on heavy pitches won't have helped as rb more or less said the players he inherited weren't fit,im not making excuses as I feel as frustrated as everyone else,i think this season will continue to frustrate us all too,but we will survive,then rb will have a full summer to sort out what he wants,then we can judge him,keep our heads up and love pfc,it could have been so very different for us all

Talking of the ave. 15000 gates. I think that that average is going to drop off soon, Its O.K. for the Pompey based fans to leave home in the afternoon, go to the match and straight back home, but there are a large proportion of fans who travel for hours to get to the match and back,I suspect that some will soon stop bothering and listen on the radio. After being out played by Torquay their loyalty must be getting very thin.

one shot on target in the entire 90mins against the team 2nd from bottom says it all . baker is so negative it is untrue . a win yesterday would have take us 9 points clear of the drop zone but barker sets out for a draw.
    SACK HIM

When our best goal scorer who could come on and change a game is sent to Oxford, I question the managers capability.
    Unacceptable.

Who would you replace him with on a punitive rolling 12 month rolling contract, where would you get the money from to pay up Barker's contract & would you sack your new manager if his record was the same

Barker is taking the club down . his style of football is rubbish at least under witts we looked like we could score .

Playing someone like Shorey out of position for no apparent reason is worrying. Over the years managers who persistently play people out of position usually turn out to be unsuccessful. Changing winning teams is another very worrying sign.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)