+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

re: Stay or go?

Quote Originally Posted by SassenachSteve10
    If everyone who was not happy stayed at home gayfield would be empty every week
    I enjoy Gayfield, win or lose, rain or shine. It's like fishing, you go for the fishing, not for the catching. If you catch something it's a bonus. If the Lichties win, its a major bonus!

At least there would be no stream of abuse being hurled from the stands.

Our "Argentina" like performance against Rangers is hard to reproduce when half of the North Sea is blowing onto the pitch and the ball has the same attributes as a beach ball. Any team would struggle with those conditions.

That's . Probably why . I don't go fishing

So ecolichtie thinks I should stay at home and watch 'jeff' whatever that is I do not know.
    However I was not aware that this forum was run or had its roots in North Korea.
    Why don't you ask the club to ban me for speaking out of turn?
    I will be very interested in their reply.

Appears you have no sense of humour either, my mistake should have relised

Housecaptain made some very valid points but instead of any proper argument about them, the "Must Not Criticise Sheerin" brigade tell him to stay at home. They need to waken up, we are relegation candidates whether they like it or not.
    For the record, I don't believe changing the manager at this time would benefit the club, but can appreciate Housecaptain's point of view. And I don't doubt that he will continue to turn up and pay his money next season whatever league we are in.
    As for "At least there would be no stream of abuse", utter rubbish, the vast majority of supporters do not hurl abuse, only a vocal minority do. And they are quite entitled to do it, because we live in a free society.

Thanks for your support Bellvue good to know that decency still exists.
    You hit the nail on the head when you stated that we are staring relegation in the face yet the Nero's are still playing their violins.

Never have I ever said that the manager is untouchable, but I do not see the point changing manager mid-season, with no obvious replacement, but there has been "rumblings" since this time last year about the managers position, the end of the season it will be the time to consider his future.

But there is very much a section of "Lichties" who do appear only to be happy when we are in trouble, and in fact "glory" in it, it is a disturbing trait that I do not see from the supporters of other clubs

C'mon guys let's not turn this into a slanging match. It was a serious question to find out the regular poster's views. Please confine your posts to answering the string title. Thanks.

As has been mentioned, Sheerin is absolutely not learning from mistakes. This is made worse by the fact that he has acknowledged the mistakes he did make (not assembling his squad quick enough for season 12/13) before repeating them.

A common definition for insanity is for someone to do the same thing over and over yet expect different results. Sheerin is still trying to win games by purely relying on outscoring the other team but now doesn't have the superior squad he had 2 or 3 years ago.

If the playing budget is as low as people are suggesting, we should be building a team based on a solid defence. I can't think of many teams in the past that have punched above their weight (in terms of playing budget) who were built around scoring more than the opposition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)