+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stay or go?

re: Stay or go?

Stay.

Love and agree fully with the posts by Bellevue and housecaptain!!! Lichtielegend also makes very good points above. Ones that I myself have shared this season.

Don't ever get me wrong. I want and hope that Sheerin turns this round. Still, I'm amazed he is still in a job. He could and maybe should have gone weeks/months ago. Best of luck to him however, and I will continue to turn up game after game to support our team. There going to need it!

As for vocal criticism I'm no saint. I try my best to hold back. Thus, mainly aim abuse at the officials. But hey, I'm human and I want nothing but a Arbroath win each week. Also I appreciate and support the view raised by Bellevue and so if you don't mind I've quoted it below:

Bellevue: "the vast majority of supporters do not hurl abuse, only a vocal minority do. And they are quite entitled to do it, because we live in a free society."

I have to laugh to some posters on here.
    Some years ago they slagged a very good John McGlashan team who got results but never played "pretty" football but went up a league yet the same folk slag Sheerin's team for playing too much "pretty" football and not route one football??
    There is an element of AFC fans out there that just want to MOAN an that is a fact.
    Hen-Pecked sums them up, get a life and support the team FFS!

In simplest terms, a manager will be judged on 2 things;

Results.
    Performance/Style.

If a manager is getting both, the only critics will be those that are never satisfied. Sheerin's first 2 seasons are testament to that. We played with great style and won the 3rd and came fairly close to back-to-back titles.

Since then, results have tapered off. Last season our form wasn't great (a couple of big performances aside) and that has escalated this year.

In addition, the last few months have seen a drastic fall in performance level. There's a sense of irony in that given we lose so many goals from set-pieces, we are becoming quite reliant on them to score our own goals.

I see McGlashan's was raised. I thought he was treated poorly by some of the support. I don't have great knowledge of what our budget is like but I'd hazard a guess that McGlashan got us promoted on a significantly smaller relative playing budget. McGlashan's best season was with a front pairing of Bryan Scott and W

Very good post LL; I doth my cap to you

McGlashan wasted players with flair, the football was appalling and sore on the eyes, he lost almost everything when he walked down the touchline and confronted "Stadler and Waldorf", not cool

Quote Originally Posted by ectolichtie
    McGlashan wasted players with flair.
    Like who?

Scott Gates springs to mind started that season, sacrificed for appalling tactics, ball was just hoofed up to either Scott or Brazil, to chase

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)