+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: trouble against barnsley

trouble against barnsley

is the only me who saw feck all ?, i was on tram to town on way back and their fans were all surrounded by police...thats all i saw because i live a bit away.

re: trouble against barnsley

Seen the thread on Owlstalk and apparently a 13 year old lad was hit by a Barnsley 'fan', but the Barnsley fans who saw the incident actually reported him to the police and he was arrested.

I come out of the North stand exit at the leppings lane end and it was rather hostile, mainly down to SYP deploying that stupid wall which makes everyone meet at a certain point.

I walked up to Hillsborough corner and had a chat about the game with a couple of Barnsley fans, but I think I just timed it right as the police were chasing a number of people down catch bar lane.

The trouble was, you had a group of supporters who are rather excited and still celebrating winning the match in the last minute, walking side by side another group of supporters who are rather angry at losing in the last minute. some people can control their emotions, some let them take over and it results in the odd punch up - between people you would never expect.

The only way to avoid it? more police between the tram stop

Didn't see one ounce of trouble tbh.
    We walked back along Pen!stone Road and to the corner of Halifax road...All we saw were Barnsley fans with their heads down as if they'd just lost a cup final,(well they had really.
    Obviously if owt did happen is was a few hundred yards away from us towards the Lepps.

Just to add..And back to the match...I thought the Barnsley fans were spot on in the Leppings...Very vocal and got right behind their team to the very end.

Well done dingles but you've really gotta give over with that Dee Dar chant..It's getting proper cringeworthy now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by braggyowl
    Just to add..And back to the match...I thought the Barnsley fans were spot on in the Leppings...Very vocal and got right behind their team to the very end.

Well done dingles but you've really gotta give over with that Dee Dar chant..It's getting proper cringeworthy now haha.
    you love it ! Like we do feed worriva good banter , always going to be an arsoyle on either side , good luck , and don't forget to get behind us in times of need ? Bests wishes to Rosie , and hardman , and who could forget our bellend ? A lovely lad born int tarn ? And all other posters decent posters on your board , keep it clean keep it Yorkshire ps leppings lane end should be knocked down now ? It's dated and STILL dangerous, needs a revamp and I'm not being funny but somebody else will die in there soon ! I know it's not a problem for you , but your club seriously needs to look at this problem , ciao ROMA .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)