+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fly on the Wall.

Fly on the Wall.

One of the most interesting conversations of the season so far between Mr Swann and Mr Wilcox must have been the one that would have taken place the day after they found out that Deon Burton was going to be out for some considerable time.
    At a time when us fans were just begining to appreciate what Deon Burton was doing for the team and starting to realise that with all the fire power that arrived in the transfer window plus what we had in the club, things were working best with Deon using all his considerable experience to hold the ball up. With that gone in the middle of that crazy game in London, the juggling around started.
    From memory, hearing Russ in the media after the seriousness of the injury became clear it was obvious that he would have liked to bring a similar player into the club, and I think he was right, but a day or two later it was announced that we would go with what we had.
    So it would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when that discussion was had.
    With

re: Fly on the Wall.

the chairman cannot fund burtons deputy because our fans want cheaper tickets.

still nothing on a striker that can hold on to the ball up front

Right since the opening game of the season I thought Burton was a great signing and I could never understand the negativity towards him. Barrie Thomas and I had him down as our player of the season at Christmas.
    I don't think the signings in January added the correct balance to the squad and now it appears it is going to bite us in the bum.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)