+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will 51 Pts be enough ?

re: Will 51 Pts be enough ?

I also doubt we'll lose as few as three but I'd be amazed if we drew as many as 9.Don't see how 6 draws in 29 to date will be supplemented by 9 draws in the last 17, especially as most of the teams we are playing will be just as desperate for the points as we are.

51 should be enough - team in 20th place currently has 2 points less than they've played games which is a ratio considerably less than required to reach 51 points.

6 wins and 3 draws should do it - based on our recent improvement we should be capable of that - we've won 5 and drawn 2 of the last 11.

At season "half point" we were on 24, so 51 isn't much of an improvement? To be as bad as we were and get 24 was 'keeping us in with a shout'. Since 2nd half began we gained "3" v Carlisle, we dropped a "point" with defeat to Rotherham, gained "3" v MK and dropped "3" v Tranny and gained "3" v Sheff.

So...

5 points better off against first half.

Hypothesis - 24 + 5 = 29 (plus 24 for first half) 53

lol

Also Crewe don't do draws. More than 3 defeats will happen but it doesn't matter if you are winning. 3 points is more valuable than 1 point. I think we can be more optimistic. Hopefully if we have a good run at the end of this season that it will continue into next season!!!

I believe that the key to our survival lies in the home matches. We need to make Gresty Road a fortress and providing we can avoid regular losses there, win the majority and pick up the odd draw, we will be fine.Judging by the last three home outings, the effort from the players, the quality in our play and the improving rate of scoring goals (1, 2, 3), together with how the crowd has responded in a positive light, then I can see survival becoming a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexonTour
    Looking at the remaining games, I have tried to be realistic in the points we can achieve, bearing in mind the teams we are playing and the situtaion they are in (ie promotion, play offs fighting relegation.

Will this be enough ?

Crewe Alex (Current Pts total) 30 Pts
    Bradford (a)1 Pt
    Brentford (h)0
    Port Vale (a)1 pt
    Stevenage (a)3 Pts
    Peterborough (a)0
    Walsall (a)1 Pt
    Oldham (h)3 Pts
    Gillingham (a)1 Pt
    Notts County (h)3 Pts
    Coventry (H)1 pt
    Crawley (a)1 Pt
    Wolves (h)0
    Shrewsbury (a)1 Pt
    Colchester (h)3 Pts
    Bristol City (a)1 Pt
    Preston North End (h)1 Pt

Overall Total51 Pts

Well right so far

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch
    Well right so far

And still so!
    The next 2 could be telling though!
    4 pts from 6? - away from home?
    Let's hope so!

This looks well off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    This looks well off right now.

You sure?
    Chin up, Paul, and give us a smile!!
    I'd say we are now *ahead* of schedule!

Just shows how important three points for a win can be. Draws are little use to us and the fact that we have drawn very few, together with fact that we keep getting that smattering of wins, this could well work in our favour.

Because I have not got DAB, was forced to listen to the MW version with Blakeman this PM. Tell you what, we must have been good, because the commentary was very much in favour of the Alex and even the analysis from Cullerton was complimentary. Vale have had a big shock to their system today. Blakeman commented on the scuffle in the executive box. Perhaps he was so fed up of watching his side being given a lesson in football.

[quote="Proggs" v Sheff.

So...

5 points better off against first half.

Hypothesis - 24 + 5 = 29 (plus 24 for first half) 53

lol[/quote]

+8 points now

Really love a win on Tues.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast