+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Will 51 Pts be enough ?

re: Will 51 Pts be enough ?

Goal difference suddenly becoming interesting as well.

We're within striking distance of goal difference of the two teams directly below us and Notts Co and Stevenage GD are not entirely out of reach either.

Win on Tues would be great but we must not lose - 6 of bottom 8 play each other Tues, - Oldham and Colchester have very difficult fixtures on paper at least.

Bottom 10 all definitely still in this - again next Sat, 6 of bottom 9 play each other - Carlisle's next two fixtures against the teams directly below and above them.

The fixtures those in bottom ten play against each other are likely to be pivotal.

re: Will 48/49 be enough ?

Coventry (H)1 pt
    Crawley (a)1 Pt
    Wolves (h)0
    Shrewsbury (a)1 Pt
    Colchester (h)3 Pts
    Bristol City (a)1 Pt
    Preston North End (h)1 Pt

Last night was another shocking performance after getting another good result on Saturday we choked again, why I am suprised.

We will not reach 51 pts now. We may reach 48/49 but that would be based on winning against either Coventry/Crawley, winning at Shrewsbury and at home to Colchester. None of those as we have experienced this season will be easy.

With our inconsistent season so far we can do it (eg Vale, Gillingham, Sheffield Utd) but also we can blow it (eg Stevenage, Oldham, Notts County).

I wil still believe (they are coming to lock me away) until it is mathematically impossible to stay up, isnt that my job as a supporter, but I really do not how this is going to end.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexonTour
    Looking at the remaining games, I have tried to be realistic in the points we can achieve, bearing in mind the teams we are playing and the situtaion they are in (ie promotion, play offs fighting relegation.

Will this be enough ?

Crewe Alex (Current Pts total) 30 Pts
    Bradford (a)1 Pt
    Brentford (h)0
    Port Vale (a)1 pt
    Stevenage (a)3 Pts
    Peterborough (a)0
    Walsall (a)1 Pt
    Oldham (h)3 Pts
    Gillingham (a)1 Pt
    Notts County (h)3 Pts
    Coventry (H)1 pt
    Crawley (a)1 Pt
    Wolves (h)0
    Shrewsbury (a)1 Pt
    Colchester (h)3 Pts
    Bristol City (a)1 Pt
    Preston North End (h)1 Pt

Overall Total51 Pts
    Yes.

A while ago I said that whoever lost when we played at Tranmere would go down - not a prediction, but a statement of how important I felt that game was.

How overjoyed I am to admit how wrong I was - especially as this half empty glass in my hand keeps shaking. :-D

It's a massive achievement, helped not a little by the Gresty Road Enders today and us lot in the Main Stand.

PS: Tell our gaffer that the shot that led to him checking his heart was going well wide. Ben knew it and we a little higher up also knew it. X-D

[quote="AlexLeicester"

PS: Tell our gaffer that the shot that led to him checking his heart was going well wide. Ben knew it and we a little higher up also knew it. X-D[/quote]

Well Alex Leicester I sit mid way in the main stand just over the half way line an my heart stopped just like Steves

Well we ended on 51 pts in the end losing some games you would have expected us to win and obviously winning games you thought would be difficult.

If things had played out as they did with our goal difference we would have needed 51 pts to stay up.

It was a hard season both on and off the pitch credit to the manager Bakes and the players for turning it around just in time. It was great to see the ground rocking today brilliant support best atmosphere from Crewe fans for many many years.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345