+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: marco negri.

re: marco negri.

give details of this alleged cover up.

and those that covered it up.

Quote Originally Posted by happytim
    give details of this alleged cover up.

and those that covered it up.

Thanks for proving my point.

where have i proved your point.

i asked questions, i didnt give any points.

maybe you can answer my question.

and tell me why you think i proved your point.

By asking the questions you have asked you are feigning a lack of knowledge on the most embarassing incident in your club's history and one of the most scandalous stories ever to involve a scottish club.

Now call me cynical but I find it hard to believe that someone who can quote chapter and verse alleged transgressions by the sfa and referees against your club from an era before you were able to spell the word "masonic" is unable to recall the circumstances and the evidence given under oath in a court case that involved your club and a number of senior officials at a time when you were a regular attendee at Celtic Park.

i started attending cp in the late 70,s.

it couldnt have been covered up if it reached court.

Quote Originally Posted by happytim
    i started attending cp in the late 70,s.

it couldnt have been covered up if it reached court.

Fergus McCann was the man who insisted on bringing the case to the attention of the authorities.

Jock Stein literally kicked Torbett out of the door of Celtic Park in 1976 and appointed his close friend and Celtic Official photographer Hugh Birt in charge of the Boys club. Mr Stein reported his actions and his reasons to the Celtic board.

In October 1985 Mr Stein passed away.

In 1986 with Mr Stein out of the way Kevin Kelly and Jack McGinn, both of whom were on Torbett's payroll at The Trophy Centre, allowed Torbett to become involved with the boys club again.

Fergus McCann was given warnings from friends in America about another Celtic Boys Club official, Frank Cairney, subsequently the whole affair was brought to his attention.

yes ive just read the official report, pretty much remember it now.

there was conflicting info as to whether big jock knew or not. if he did then he handled it in the way people would have handled things in those days, he certainly didnt sit on the info and do nought like some people suggest.

kellys and whytes deny all knowledge of torbett and no one else had any knowledge of anyone else involved during this period.

ive read a couple of unofficial reports aswell which basically say there was a wholesale cover up at cp, which is pysh, it was one person.

this thread is a new low

i feel dirty just reading it, hang your head in shame rev

Did he score 5 in one game against the DABs?

What can we say about Marco Negri?

That he was a rubbish squash player?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)