+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampshire Hero of the Day

re: Hampshire Hero of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Grannie64
    Very good effort from the few, shame your maths is still ****. 28,093 home and 3,524 away makes 31617 available. Attendance was 27,987, leaves 3,630 of which 2,500 were empty away seats.Last home game at shed total attendance was 15,474 out of 20,700 that would be 5000 missing????
    Maybe it just sounded empty.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheCat
    Very good effort from the few, shame your maths is still ****. 28,093 home and 3,524 away makes 31617 available. Attendance was 27,987, leaves 3,630 of which 2,500 were empty away seats.Last home game at shed total attendance was 15,474 out of 20,700 that would be 5000 missing????
    Maybe it just sounded empty.[/quote]

I can't blame you for picking on this. It would be near impossible to find a worse plan for a football ground than we have. The ego that was Wupert had the camera's pointing at his area above the tunnel and someone (I'm guessing the police??) decided to put the away fans in the same camera shot. Hence we have the worst possible impression of our ground despite the place being full in so many parts.

Sort it out Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheCat

But you still haven't updated us on the state of their bogs Bill?

You did go, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer

I can't blame you for picking on this. It would be near impossible to find a worse plan for a football ground than we have. The ego that was Wupert had the camera's pointing at his area above the tunnel and someone (I'm guessing the police??) decided to put the away fans in the same camera shot. Hence we have the worst possible impression of our ground despite the place being full in so many parts.

Sort it out Saints. [/quote]

So Lowe personally chose where the cameras were placed?

Hmm well now I don't know for sure but lets see. The main media stand and camera is right opposite and directly facing ...

Anyway it's crap and gives a false impression of the crowd and atmosphere

The best place to put the away section is the Kingsland but it doesn't work for many reasons. Itchen Central would make them even more conspicuous and visible.

Re-locating the cameras wont work either. How would you improve the layout of the ground ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    But you still haven't updated us on the state of their bogs Bill?

You did go, yes?
    Oh, I see now. This is about whether I went to Exeter or not.

I just assumed you were disappointed by the trade on offer when you were cottaging there.

And...yes.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer

Anyway it's crap and gives a false impression of the crowd and atmosphere
    I kind of agree, but let's not kid ourselves, there were loads of empty seats in the home ends on Saturday, and those empty seats in the away end can be made available to home fans if the demand is there. For whatever reason, we have struggled to sell out this season. The atmosphere was pretty good on Saturday though.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    The best place to put the away section is the Kingsland but it doesn't work for many reasons. Itchen Central would make them even more conspicuous and visible.

Re-locating the cameras wont work either. How would you improve the layout of the ground ?
    Could they not just switch the visitors to the other side of the Northam stand, and put ours where the visitors currently are?

Would look better on the box and would still meet the requirements of the police, if it is them dictating that the visitors MUST be at that end of the stadium.

Has it got anything to do with the security box/centre being above and behind the visitors as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CostaBaz
    Has it got anything to do with the security box/centre being above and behind the visitors as well?
    I think it's more to do with the layout of the concourses under the Northam. To re-house the away fans elsewhere would mean a bit of a re-design of partitions, probably new toilet facilities, catering, etc..

If I had a choice, I'd put the away fans in the Kingsland North..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast