+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My boys first away game

My boys first away game

Without me that is...15 years old and he's been on at me all season to let him go to an away game on his own...anyway I relented and let him go with his mate(same age) on the coach to Villa yesterday... All I want you to do mate is keep in touch with your mum by text... Which is what he did...we'll I picked him up at the ground just after 8pm last night and he was well made up...he never stopped talking about the game all the way home...he took photos and video on his phone...I even learnt some new songs dad!...I can imagine what songs they were...now he wants to go again.

Great ain't it!...the way the legacy lives on down through the years...he's the same as me...the excitement of going to away games!.

Is he too young to go on his own...maybe...some grounds are dodgy but I trust him...I think I made the right decision.

re: My boys first away game

good for him
    and imo no he isn't too young!

a decent post to start a Sunday morning

Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1272
    Without me that is...15 years old and he's been on at me all season to let him go to an away game on his own...anyway I relented and let him go with his mate(same age) on the coach to Villa yesterday... All I want you to do mate is keep in touch with your mum by text... Which is what he did...we'll I picked him up at the ground just after 8pm last night and he was well made up...he never stopped talking about the game all the way home...he took photos and video on his phone...I even learnt some new songs dad!...I can imagine what songs they were...now he wants to go again.

Great ain't it!...the way the legacy lives on down through the years...he's the same as me...the excitement of going to away games!.

Is he too young to go on his own...maybe...some grounds are dodgy but I trust him...I think I made the right decision.

Great post mate

My lad was 15 for his first game on his own

Got 3 grandsons growing up fast and hop

Thanks Grandad

I remember when I started going all them years ago,it was well dodgy at some grounds,no mobiles or anything like texting,my old mum never relaxed to I got home

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1272
    Thanks Grandad

I remember when I started going all them years ago,it was well dodgy at some grounds,no mobiles or anything like texting,my old mum never relaxed to I got home

Same has that mate

go out 7 in morning back at midnight and not even a call home

How the **** did we cope with no mobiles

I would have been coming up 15 the first time I went to UP for the first time for a mid week night game. No big deal you might say, but I was a country boy from Bletchley, Milton Keynes, never been on the underground on my own before. Used to get home very late, and struggled getting up for school in the mornings. That was the days of Booby, Geoff, Harry on the wing...happy days :-)

My lads firstish away game was about the same age with the visit to Norwich in 91.

Never let him go by himself to Millwall though.

It's a brilliant feeling when you are allowed the 'big boy' responsibility by your Mum for your first away day with your mates..

I did all the away derbys when I was in my ****s, cant remember how old I was but 3 of us hitch hiked to Ipswich, we got a lift straight away and got there about 9am.
    We sat around the station for hours waiting for the troops to arrive, had a great day got pissed and bunked the train home, we lost 1-0.

My mum didn't know a thing she thought I was going to The Boleyn but didn't ask why I left at 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by GARNETT
    I did all the away derbys when I was in my ****s, cant remember how old I was but 3 of us hitch hiked to Ipswich, we got a lift straight away and got there about 9am.
    We sat around the station for hours waiting for the troops to arrive, had a great day got pissed and bunked the train home, we lost 1-0.

My mum didn't know a thing she thought I was going to The Boleyn but didn't ask why I left at 6am.

I remember a bank holiday game v ipswich away about 1975 /76 ish first time i got pi ssed on cans of long life

We meet with a few boys from the isle of dogs at stratford station and still see them at games on the odd ocasion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)