+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Run-In.

The Final Run-In.

With the possible exception of Preston spoiling the party, it looks like a three-team race for the two automatic promotion slots.

All three teams involved, Brentford, Wolves and Orient, have 17 matches to play. Brentford have 8 at home and 9 away. Wolves have 7 at home and 10 away. Orient have 10 at home and 7 away. Brentford have 2 games at home and 2 away against other teams in the current top six, for wolves it is 2 and 2 and for Orient 2 at home and 1 away.

WOLVES

15 FebSatNotts. Co.H

22 FebSatBrentfordA
    1 MarSatPort ValeH
    8 MarSatWalsall A
    11 MarTuesSwindon T.A
    15 MarSatShrewsburyH
    18 MarTuesCrawley TownA
    22 MarSatSheffield U.A
    25 MarTuesColchester U.H
    29 MarSatM K DonsA
    5 AprSatPeterboro' U.H
    12 AprSatCrewe A.A
    18 AprFriRotherham U.H
    21 AprMonLeyton OrientA
    26 AprSatCoventry CityA
    3 MaySatCarlisle Utd.H

Stevenage T.A

BRENTFORD

12 FebWedSheff. Utd.A
    15 FebSatCrewe A.A

22 FebSatWolves H
    1 MarSatCarlisle Utd.A
    8 MarSatBradfordH
    11 MarTuesTranmere R.H
    15 Mar

re: The Final Run-In.

We've got 8 matches in the month of March. Alot of congestion in there. Luckily, our promotion rivals have 7 so they'll be tested as well. Hopefully we are gearing up for that. We have 9 games left against the top half (3 home, 6 away), Brentford 7 (3 home, 4 away), Orient 8 (4 home, 4 away).

Seems to me that our away form will decide where we finish. Our destiny is in our hands. With matches still leeft against Brentford and Orient, we will decide where we finish. Not results elsewhere. Wolves need to adopt this attitude and not keep our eyes elsewhere. One match at a time, one win at a time.

Sorry to say this but IMO that bad run has cost us the chance to go up in the top two cos the run in for us is worse than the other two.

Hope I'm wrong and Brentford or Leyton Orient slip up but I don't think they will.

IMO if we are to go up in the top two we can't afford to drop points in any more than three of our remaining games, especially those against the other two teams.

Last time we went up we didn't win for 10 games in a row before Christmas and still finished top.

But with 17 games to play I would hardly call it the final run in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D
    Last time we went up we didn't win for 10 games in a row before Christmas and still finished top.

But with 17 games to play I would hardly call it the final run in.
    Well, it goes from now to the end. That seems pretty final to me!

Well putting it that way after the first whistle at the start of the season we must obviously be on our final run in. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D
    Well putting it that way after the first whistle at the start of the season we must obviously be on our final run in. :/
    Yep - it certainly is. Even from our first League kick-off!

We need to get something out of the games against Brentford and Orient. The game at Brentford is the one for me that could influence both teams run ins. Overall I'd say we've got the hardest run in... the games against Walsall, Rotherham and MK Dons are all difficult... Should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf
    We need to get something out of the games against Brentford and Orient. The game at Brentford is the one for me that could influence both teams run ins. Overall I'd say we've got the hardest run in... the games against Walsall, Rotherham and MK Dons are all difficult... Should be interesting!
    I totally agree, Norton. I think we could help the team a lot at MK Dons if we can get the targeted 10K supporters there.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88
    I totally agree, Norton. I think we could help the team a lot at MK Dons if we can get the targeted 10K supporters there.[/quote]

I think we must do better than get something from the games against Brentford and Orient. We've got beat them, at least one of them. Maybe we'll get lucky and one or both will stumble against lesser opposition. But if not, it'll be up to us to take the points away from them. I fear another season in this league if we fail to win automatic promotion.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)