+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BOLTON V BURNLEY

re: BOLTON V BURNLEY

Hi chaps. I really enjoyed this trip to the Reebok. The last game I enjoyed there was in 2000 when we got the equaliser on the opening day just after promotion.

My thought on the game were that although you had a good amount of possession (just a little more than us) I never felt uncomfortable watching the match. You guys looked like your confidence was shot at, and barring the deflection which hit the bar and the header first half, I don't recall you troubling us in our box. You had a few shots from distance.

I thought Burnley closed you down very quickly, which is how we began the season but lost our way in November/December when we thought we were too good to have to do this. We also played accurate balls to feet which helps. Obviously the last 5 minutes were going to be you launching balls into our box but we seemed to cope okay with that, as we have with other sides that have done it; Shacks and Duffer are good in the air.

Looking at your squad, and I know you're critical of y

Quote Originally Posted by Claretforever
    Team ethic and really hard work got us up there
    Therein lies the difference between the two teams and the reason why you are up at the top and we are down at the bottom.

You also have players that haven't played in the Prem and believe that they should still be there, not plying their trade in a league below their obvious god-given talents. You may have ex-Prem players, I'm not sure, but if so, they've bought into the Burnley ethic.

Regarding the attendance, my understanding is that ST holders are counted whether or not they have turned out

Okay JJ, thanks for confirming. From our end it just looked about 1/3 full in the home ends. Based on 28,000 capacity we were saying about 12,000 maximum on. Most were surprised with 16,500 anyway. Perhaps there are a lot staying away at the moment, especially with the weather on Tuesday and lately?

We just out classed you SIMPLES

What a surprise...the Burnley Bell End (according to his own fans) makes a re-appearance

i can ( if required ) do something to prevent :-)

Get rid of him!

I was gonna be a bit more relaxed about it as nobody ever really responds, but fk it, I'm with campo. Cretins like that are the reason that a number of BWFC posters have disappeared off here

to be honest jj I think a lot of posters sodded off here shortly after I appeared I realy hope im wrong though,but this board used to be a lot more lively but the wums brought the worst out in me and then it just got very nasty and distatefull.by the time I had my course in anger management and calmed down I think it was to little to late for a lot of good sensible lads that used to come on here.i must admit though I have a rant in me that im struggling to suppress and if it ever comes out I would be banned permanently and suffer police action I would imagine.a snippet of it concerns people with diseased minds trying to change our Christian values and our lovely Bolton taxi drivers I will have to leave it at that and not mention how nice deane road is looking these days

lee good to see you back posting again you not on here enough mate in my view

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)