+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Ravel going to QPR on loan ?

Is Ravel going to QPR on loan ?

understand that Ravel Morrison is very likely to join a championship club on loan for the rest of the season in the coming week. The promising midfielder, who turned twenty-one this week, was missing from the squad this weekend prompting speculation as to his whereabouts.

The loan window for the Football League clubs re-opened on 8th February. You can be sure Harry Redknapp and*QPR*will be at the front of the queue to take the youngster’s services on loan along with a number of other top championship clubs chasing Premier League promotion.

I wonder whether that will be the last we see of Ravel Morrison in a West ham shirt or whether he will return in the summer. My instinct is that we may have seen the last of him, which is a great pity. No one can say the club haven’t made every effort to tame him, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses – or probable profits in this case. - [url=https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/02/09/ravel-morrison-close-to-west-ham-loan-exit]view

re: Is Ravel going to QPR on loan ?

I'd rather we kept him to be honest. We may need him to give us that something different before the end of the season.

Having said that, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. If he's causing trouble, he has to be offed.

He's proved (to me at least that he can hack it at the top level, so I can't really see an upside to him going off on loan.

And if he does then QPR is the last place I'd let him go tbh. I can see it now. A twitchy character standing next to Morrison at training and telling him "For sure son I've got a brownie in my office filled with tax free cash if you sign on the dotted".

We all know he's a talent but as Daily said if he's causing trouble behind the scenes then he has to go , I can't help thinking that if fergie couldn't sort him out then nobody can and if that is the case then he is a very very silly boy indeed...time will tell I suppose.

A great pity if we did let him go, but he isnt even getting on the pitch now with the new loan signings.

Its difficult to know what goes on behind the scenes, but at 21 you would have thought he would have sorted himself out, or two clubs having sorted him out.

QPR really REALLY would be last chance saloon, maybe helping them get automatic promotion, and a bagful of goals would enable us to move him on, if we have written him off.

Im still hopeful that he could make it, but no one player is bigger than the team (much like the exit of Kevin Pietersen from the England team, it comes down to trust from the other players and manager).

It's highly likely that Harry will be able to man manage him quite easily and get the best out of him.

It will say a lot about our own managers arrogance and abilitys if Redknapp, Clarke & Southgate can all get the best out of a player with a bit of magic but BFS can't.

I'm not entirely sure what BFS's problem was because Morrison was our top scorer and best player before he was dropped from the team. My tiler is a cocky little ****, is often late and has too many fag breaks. . . . . . however he can tile a room in half the time of anyone else and can precision cut porcelain/granite to the highest standard. I accept all his bad points because he makes the finish of my bathrooms & ******** smarter than my competitors.

Agree Bonzom, Harry's a better man manager of the more maverick player (PDC, Barton, Taarabat). Unfortunately the more risk adverse approach is not to indulge in this type of player nowadays, at least at the top level.

Harry is a bit of a maverick himself, so I guess he identifies more with this type of player and is willing to indulge them more.

I'd hope if we loan Morrison out, and I cant see any value in him sittnig on the bench or worse, then we give the team an option to buy him at something around A£10m. If he scores a lot of goals he's worth that, to us or someone else, if he fails to score in the fizzies, we probably should cut our loses.

Harsh, but at 21 he should have sorted himself out by then (most of the male population would give their right arm just to play professional football).

Quote Originally Posted by 1Greeno

not to indulge in this type of player nowadays, at least at the top level.

It's the English way in every sport, we don't trust a genius.

Cipriani doesn't play for England and nor did Simpson-Daniel before him even though they are clearly our most talented rugby players.

KP has just been jettisoned from the England team despite him being the best batsman and highest run scorer in an otherwise miserable Ashes tour.

Carlton Palmer played 10 times as many games for England as Matt LeTissier did.

Phill Neville has more caps than Glenn Hoddle.

After the next world cup we will again be wondering why every other country can produce players who can pass the ball but we can't. We laugh at David Luiz in this country yet it is highly likely whoever wins the world cup will have a skilful central defender (Lucio, Leboeuf, Baresi, Sammer etc) who can bring the ball out of defence.

So finally after years of waiting two technical m

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74

As for Sam Allardyce? He'll take a Matt Taylor over a Ravel Morrison any day of the week.
    In our current position, so would I.

Agree with everything bonzo said.

Morrison is trouble, attitude and all that, but he can play.

we won't have another talent like his for decades.

Amazed the way fans have jumped on the allardyce PR against morrison. sheep.

He is flawed but wouldn't be at wesy ham if he wasn't.

What people want a messi, all talent and a good boy. Well I've got news, they don't join west ham. We will only ever get the flawed ones.

I guess you boys want a team of Taylors, Diops, Tomkins (in midfield), nolan. Brainwashed the people who want morrison out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)