+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for Kavanagh

Replacement for Kavanagh

There's a list of available managers at the bottom of the page via the link...

Anys tickle your fancy? - view external link

re: Replacement for Kavanagh

IS NEIL MCDONALD ON THAT LIST???

Names that we should check for availability from that list...

Martin Allen - harshly treated by Gillingham

Dave Jones - we can only ask, again - harshly treated by Sheffield Wednesday.

Tony Mowbray - worth an ask surely?

"So, we are a little bit young and naive at the minute but it is what it is"

This problem needs to be rectified in the manager's office first and foremost.

Pig my problem with the whole sorry mess is

From day one i said replacing Abbo with someone else from the failing regime was bloody crackers. As far as I was concerned GK was partly responsible for the failure under GA...not 100% obviously but blame should be shared amongst the management team.

We had a great opportunity to properly interview or even head hunt the best person for the job...In my opinion playing the %'s you would go for a geezer with a decent track record with league 1+2 experience.

I don't think the board had any intention of conducting a thorough and proper interview process and GK was nailed on for the job.

The BOD are 110% responsible for this continued poor management.
    It is some of them who should be sacked simple as.

I mean ffs what does Nixon need to do to get the bullet.
    He should offer his resignation pronto

IT'S NOT WORKING -WAKEY WAKEY

Sorry to be pernickity "bluegadge", but one thing that always gets my goat is people quoting more than 100% for anything.
    The BOD may be 100% responsible, but they can never, NEVER be even 1% more than 100% responsible.
    End of quiet rant.

Quoting more than the 100% is just emphasising the point that these clowns are useless.

The law of mathematics should be changed so the 110% could be applied to the dried up grapes that are our BOD

In fact 110% is probably letting them off the hook ;-D

Surely NO ONE imagines for a second that Nixon will relinquish his position at Brunton Park, as that would surely compromise his F.A. position.

Piglet your first choice replacement Mgr. is ok.
    Your second and third?
    You MUST be having a laugh??

Wont matter anyway though, will it?

Dave Richards was booted out of Sheffield Wednesday, barred from being a company director etc - but still managed to retain his postion of influence within the game. So why not Nixon?

Anyway Saltire, I went on experience and win percentage for Jones and Mowbray - and why shouldn't we approach them?

Both have recently left jobs at tier two clubs, it follows if they want to stay in management they should be willing to step down a level and prove a point. Appointing either would constitute ambition and intent from the owners. Neither of which we've seen at the club since around 2008.

Yep. I take your point(s) Tim, but as you've suggested many times previously, isn't the club heading in exactly the direction that our esteemed BoD desires anyway?
    Many have slated your "conspiricy theories", but I for one, think you have always been spot on.
    We COULD have had a cracking club, if there hadnt always been so many "off field agendas."

Yes, I think my views on the subject are well documented already.

- Downsizing attendances and budget is part of the agenda.
    - Whichever division we are in is irrelevant to the owners.
    - Kavanagh's brief is not to win football matches - it is to offload players, reduce the wage bill, reduce assets, and not to be successful.

Relegation will suit the owners down the ground. It will mean more cuts in expenditure, lower crowds, lower wage bill. It will bring the threat of administration onto the horizon agenda. This is the point they will raise Blue Yonder once again - it will be mooted as the only way the club can survive.

At the end of the day it's all about cashing in on the ground and giving themselves and their "shadow partner" a healthy pay day. In the meanwhile, their agenda is to spread apathy and disillusionment so when the time comes they will have little or no opposition to their plans. The smaller our crowds, the smaller a new build ground they will have to build...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)