+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenneth to Brechin City!

re: Kenneth to Brechin City!

[quote="ClashCityRocker"]Gary Kenneth is hoping to return to full time football next season, perhaps he didin't want to risk playing for Arbroath in the event of being relegated and his reputation taking a knock.

On the other, if Arbroath avoid relegation ( and I think we will), he could have gained credit for helping Arbroath avoid the play offs etc.

As it happens, Brechin looks like the "easy option", they are sitting slightly better in the league, have less pressure and might be the right fit to put him back in the shop window.

However, Arbroath can still catch Brechin - this is still very possible and may yet happen.

Interesting to note that this post was started by Ectolichtie who only a few weeks ago was not in favour of Arbroath signing Gary Kenneth - so probably not much of a disappointment to Ectolichtie.

Overall, having watched Brechin a few times this season, Arbroath have a much stronger squad than Brechin.

Just unfortunate that both Steve

I don't think Brechin have better funds or some secret benefactor - if they did, then surely they would have a better squad of players ?

Think he opted for Brechin due to them having a slight chance of making the play offs for promotion ( but they can still yet get pulled into the relegation battle ).

Results aside, Arbroath did very well this season bringing Bobby Linn, Erwin and Steve Doris to Gayfield - all of these players are much better than Gary Kenneth.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker
    I don't think Brechin have better funds or some secret benefactor - if they did, then surely they would have a better squad of players ?
    They are still 14 points clear of us (nearly double our tally), they've obviously got some advantage over us.

You can try and pin our shortcomings on injuries etc but Brechin have lost key players too (Trouten in particular) yet have still been able to get results.

There's only 3 possible reasons for me that explains why Brechin are comfortably better than us right now, better players, better management or both.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker

Having seen Brechin a few times this season, I thought they were terrible and I expect Arbroath to beat them next time round.

C'mon the 'broath.
    ****ty were fu#### awful last time we played them but they were still better than us on the day. As for the strength of squads, the benches tell the truth. Brechin had quite a few players on their bench capable of changing the game, while we had virtually no one on ours who could do likewise. I can only surmise that they either have business people backing them financially or their manager is spending his budget more wisely. Hope the boss has got his squad right now and Dr Goals does the biz for us as it seems PS is going to still try to outscore the opposition. Might be some high scoring games to come now. C'mon lichties.

Apparently we offered at least as much but our league position worked against us.

We've now got a pretty good squad including the defence if they are all fit. It's just a shame that we have so much to catch up.

Stranraer will be a good test as they will have one eye on the cup replay. They'll be praying for a waterlogged Stair Park and a postponement.

Quote Originally Posted by timlichtie
    Stranraer will be a good test as they will have one eye on the cup replay. They'll be praying for a waterlogged Stair Park and a postponement.
    Here's hoping their wish doesn't come to fruition, as were planning on being there! Are you going Tim?

Hoping to make it. I keep thinking we're due a big performance!

Brechin have sent Ewan Moyes out on Loan to Cove Rangers.

I'll miss him putting his hands up for offside everytime we get the ball...not! - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by smokie_bacon_crisps
    Brechin have sent Ewan Moyes out on Loan to Cove Rangers.

I'll miss him putting his hands up for offside everytime we get the ball...not!
    And here's me thinking that they would offer him to us? Gerry McLauchlan will just take up that baton, now that Moyes has gone SBC!

Glad I'm no Moyes though as I dinnae fancy that trip every week, although he maybe lives near by? A real come down for Moyes Cove Rangers don't you think? He must be cursing the day the Hedgetrimmers got their man Kenneth, who I've recently heard described as a 'dumpling'. Albeit from a Dundee fan!

Phew!

I think we dodged a bullet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)