+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenneth to Brechin City!

Kenneth to Brechin City!

We cannot compete with the smallest team in the league, discuss

re: Kenneth to Brechin City!

According to media reports, Gary Kenneth is not yet match fit - but was indeed offered terms with Arbroath.

Arbroath has a population almost 3 times the size of Brechin with gates also much bigger than Brechin's.

Would be good to know the reasoning behind this - very much doubt if Brechin have a budget to offer anymore than the average wages of players at this level.

Maybe he took a look at the league table.

Just what they needed too, a centre back! F**k sake!!! We're in desperate need of one and bloody f**king Brechin beat us in the race!

Maybe they'll now be desperate to offload to us - for free, solely out of sympathy (the bast**ds!) - one of either Gerry 'I can't keep my erect arm out of the air' McLauchlan or Ewan 'I can't keep my erect arm out of the road of the ball' Moyes...

If Kenneth has signed for B.C. then I think they must have out-bid us in some way or another.
    Considering where we are in the league and staring relegation in the face I think we should
    have pushed the boat out a little to secure his services as it would have been money well spent if he kept us in league 1.Only time will tell.
    I remember we signed C. McGlashan for that reason
    circa;1998 and it was money well spent albeit in
    somewhat different circumstances.

Gary Kenneth is hoping to return to full time football next season, perhaps he didin't want to risk playing for Arbroath in the event of being relegated and his reputation taking a knock.

On the other, if Arbroath avoid relegation ( and I think we will), he could have gained credit for helping Arbroath avoid the play offs etc.

As it happens, Brechin looks like the "easy option", they are sitting slightly better in the league, have less pressure and might be the right fit to put him back in the shop window.

However, Arbroath can still catch Brechin - this is still very possible and may yet happen.

Interesting to note that this post was started by Ectolichtie who only a few weeks ago was not in favour of Arbroath signing Gary Kenneth - so probably not much of a disappointment to Ectolichtie.

Overall, having watched Brechin a few times this season, Arbroath have a much stronger squad than Brechin.

Just unfortunate that both Steve Doris and Erwin had injuries - they are both badly mi

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker

Overall, having watched Brechin a few times this season, Arbroath have a much stronger squad than Brechin.
    So we have a much stronger squad than Brechin. You also stated on another thread that Sheerin should absolutely stay.

With a stronger squad and the right man in charge, why are we 14 points behind Brechin in the table?

Dont worry we have not missed out He was touted around not so long ago as the NEXT BEST THING and I have had it on good authourity from sources in the West who had him watched quote - "HE'S A DUMPLING "

Football is of course a game of opinions

Due to a combination of bad luck, injuries and a few signings which were not the correct fit for the squad we are struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Having both Erwin and Doris on loan was fantastic, but both are now out injured.

Bobby Linn has been outstanding and Cook and Banjo have both made good contributions.

Errors were made signing players who were too slow and lacked pace to play up front at this level - but hopefully the new signings will score goals.

Would have been good to have Kenneth at Gayfield, but the likes of Bobby Linn and Steve Doris are much better players - there is no doubt about that.

Having seen Brechin a few times this season, I thought they were terrible and I expect Arbroath to beat them next time round.

C'mon the 'broath.

I have it on good authority he is a Big-headed **** so maybe a good thing we missed out on him.

Why would you go to a minor smaller club with a laughable ground and squint pitch apart from the are further up the league than us!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)