+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ikeme or McCarey?

Ikeme or McCarey?

Should it be "As you Were" or should Ikeme start against Notts.County? - view external link

re: Ikeme or McCarey?

[quote="wolves71" or should Ikeme start against Notts.County?[/quote]

McCarey should carry on, he's done nothing wrong, It is now up to Ikeme to wait and earn his starting place back, and I'd hope he'd expect to have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by "Evewolf65" or should Ikeme start against Notts.County?[/quote

McCarey should carry on, he's done nothing wrong, It is now up to Ikeme to wait and earn his starting place back, and I'd hope he'd expect to have to do that.
    If it were a simple question of playing your best keeper, I would put Ikeme straight back in and would certainly want him in the team v Brentford. However, Jackett has other considerations, such as teamspirit and fairness? so he may make Ikeme wait.

Personally I would say, thanks McCarey, you have done a good job in front of a great defence, its been good experience for you, ahead of when you were expecting it, but the main man is back !

Quote Originally Posted by "Dudleywolf" or should Ikeme start against Notts.County?[/quote

If it were a simple question of playing your best keeper, I would put Ikeme straight back in and would certainly want him in the team v Brentford. However, Jackett has other considerations, such as teamspirit and fairness? so he may make Ikeme wait.

Personally I would say, thanks McCarey, you have done a good job in front of a great defence, its been good experience for you, ahead of when you were expecting it, but the main man is back ! [/quote]

If I was McCarey who's been playing well and KJ just drafted Ikeme straight back in like that I'd think Whats the 'kin point' !

Oh and BTW Duds young McCarey stepped into the breach when Hennessey had F00ked Jackett over and Ikeme was injured, he was good enough then he is good enough now KJ owes him that show of trust and loyalty in my book!

McCarey for all the reasons given above. A perceived lack of fairness can crush a young player much harder than a grizzled veteran!

Sorry Eve I can't agree, there is a world of difference between Hennessey and and Ikeme's situations. I agree with Duds, you play the most expeienced and best keeper if fit especially when the junior keeper is well aware and probably expecting that to be the case. McCarey's time will come and through Hennessey getting his move he's already been promoted quicker than he expected. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see KJ stick with him either.

Whilst agreeing with Duds and Plats on this one maybe it would be fair if Ikeme had one reserve game just to really prove his match fitness and that he was up to speed.

Kenny speaks on the subject:- - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by theplater
    Sorry Eve I can't agree, there is a world of difference between Hennessey and and Ikeme's situations. I agree with Duds, you play the most expeienced and best keeper if fit especially when the junior keeper is well aware and probably expecting that to be the case. McCarey's time will come and through Hennessey getting his move he's already been promoted quicker than he expected. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see KJ stick with him either.

Fair do's Plater you're entitled to your opinion, but I can't get it out of the back of my mind that this is the same Carl Ikeme as good a Keeper as he is that let us and the club down last season, by after committing a 'worldy' of a howler which resulted in a goal we up until that point never looked like conceding, decided in a fit of Pigue to march into the dressing room and punch a tactics board breaking his hand and ruling himself out for the rest of the Season.
    What a Prize Tw4t!As I

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)