+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bbc4 again

Bbc4 again

Last neet,
    Did you see Neil Sedaka he came across as a really nice guy..the first cheque came through the door for his first hit he ran to his mother and said look maw it's 4,200..
    He gave it to her and she replied..son you have missed a zero it's 42,000..nice story that..felt sorry for him when his maw got a boyfriend and they cleared him out of all his cash..that's was sad..

But he wrote 8,000 songs and had some cracking hits..

In America the public forget about you easily when some other groups come..with that he struggled to make a living..

But he was still a big star in England and that's where he came to live for 3 years. Playing in clubs but he worked his way back up..some story that..

That's one good thing about the English they are loyal to their musicians..

Edwin Starr is another fine example of that..was a fantastic story last night certainly gave a good insight..given his years he can still play the piano and still got that fantastic voice..

Will now try to tune in mo

re: Bbc4 again

He wrote 8000 songs, law of averages that 1 off of them should have been half decent then.

Though maybe not.

He started writing them 15yrs of age for loads of other performers..

What a lovely guy very welcoming..that was good to see..

Enjoy the song..

Had to take song out video quality poor.

Sedaka was a writing legend, though his stuff was more relevant to the 60s and 70s and I preferred it done by other folk. Chris Rea said that he wrote songs every day, and when it came to an album he just recorded the last 10 or so. There must be songwriters out there sitting on tons of good stuff.

Singing is a fantastic talent..wish I was able to do that..I do like mellow music maybe that's why I like soul...I also enjoy jazz live..
    I'm sure you guys enjoy that too..

He sounds like a right ****.

And so do his songs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)