+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convinced we will stay in League 1 for next season

Convinced we will stay in League 1 for next season

Keep the faith.

In the last 3 games I am convinced we will stay in the division for next season albeit it may be by the play-offs.

We played excellent against Sevo and deserved at least a draw from that game.

The game against Ayr was a farce and should never of been played but again we deserved something from that game.

A draw at in-form Stranraer is a decent result.

With bringing McManus, McIntosh and the Doc on board will help our goal tally and hopefully our defence has tightened up and every game now to the seasons end is a cup final, I just think we need a rub of the green which we have not had this season.

C'mon the Red Lichties.

Convinced we will stay in League 1 for next season

At the start of the season I was concerned about the size of the squad and the quality within it, we were unlucky with losing Ricky Little so early, started badly losing to Montrose, then Ayr, but things improved slightly, but then going 11 games without winning was a terrible run, our keeper was not good enough, our defence was awful our midfield was so slow and Milne and Bayne were a disaster, felt sorry for the "laddies" who were thrown in, they worked hard, tried hard, but it was "sink or swim" situation for them, but some do look like they will be decent players.

Our squad now does look better and stronger, but a centre-half still required, but it may be a little to late, our season starts now, win all the games other than against Rangers and Dunfermline, we will be safe, so no I am not convinced we will remain in League 1, would take 9th, and a "pop" at the play-offs, if it was offered today

re: Convinced we will stay in League 1 for next season

Gonna take one hell of an effort to stay in the league now coupled with our rivals for the bottom two spots having pointless spells. If we had started with this squad we would imo be better placed but we have a big points deficit to claw back. The home games against Forfar, Fife and Airdrie are crucial wins coupled with something (win preferably) at the Glebe. That would go a long way to defining the rest of the season. Let's get to it. Supporters right behind the team, give it our best shot and who knows, we might make Mission Impossible possible. C'mon lichties.

I think we are all agreed that we need to secure 7 wins to avoid the play offs or worse.

Sheerin has the sqaud 100% totally motivated, the players are working hard and there is very good team spirit within the squad.

If we can hit a winning run of results anything can happen.

The team are looking much improved and with the exception of Rangers and Dunfermline we can beat any team in this league.

It won't be easy - but we can do this .

Every match is a cup tie now.

Looking forward to the challenge.

C'mon the 'broath.

Its a BIG ASK, I am confident we can do it. Every game home & away are all 1 off cup ties there to be WON. The Doc to keep us up, i predict him to score on his home DEBUT

Can't say I'm optimistic at all.

I didn't make the Stranraer match but the Ayr United game was a bit of a killing blow for me.

No doubt we are now good enough to compete well and take some points. Sadly the numbers are starting to stack against us. What's most important is that we compete well for the rest of the season and keep the best elements of this squad together.

One game at a time - give Emmerdale a pasting on Saturday!

LL how you could comment on any teams ability or fight in that Ayr game is beyond me

That game was a complete farce and should never have been played and both teams deserve credit to at least attempt to play a game but when 4 out of 5 goals were caused by the conditions and our best player Bobby Linn gets hit by a wave sums up the joke decision by that **** of a ref to go ahead with it.
    Not clutching at straws but when you add a clear cut penalty not being awarded, a "goal" over the line not given and a "goal" chalked off as their keeper got "touched" we were unlucky not to get a result.

That "game" was not one to judge any player or team on.

Surprised there is so much belief that we will avoid relegation.
    The consensus of opinion seems to be that we need to win 7 of our remaining 12 matches. But we have to play Ayr and Dunfermline away from home and Rangers and Dunfermline at Gayfield. So that's 4 games where we are unlikely to take any points, meaning we have to win 7 of the other 8 matches. Unlikely, given that we have struggled against Brechin, East Fife and Stenhousemuir and would need other teams to be dropping points as well. So, much as I admire the optimism in these posts I think that relegation is more likely than staying up, although I would be delighted if we did stay up.

Never quite understood the role of blind faith, based on no real evidence, nor the point of protestations that everything will be fine

The Lichties can escape relegation - with or without playoffs (E Fife did it last year by the latter route). The next 3 games will be critical - we've given too many points away this season to our direct rivals, and failed to translate performances into results

One game at a time, but it's a massive tasks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)