+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So, them Claret and Blue sorts

re: So, them Claret and Blue sorts

Quote Originally Posted by tonymorleysbaldhead
    'i think away form will cost burnley an auto spot'

Away form (p) 16 - won 7, drawn 6, lost 3.
    Not too disastrous.
    yep, too many draws will cost you in the end imo. it`s still a good record, but imo will be just short of auto promo..

'agree. i`ve said for a while that dyche could be the new sam..'

You've 'said for a while' have you - well j12j, you are entitled to that hilarious comment.

You've 'said for a while' have you - well j12j, you are entitled to that hilarious comment.
    you`ve got the wrong impression if you think i`m insulting dyche. anyone on these boards knows i rate big sam as an excellent intellegent football manager..

Not sure whats hilarious about it. Allardyce is a phenomenal manager, if Dyche achieves half as much at Burnley as Allardyce did at Bolton he'll go down in Burnley folklore.

Regarding his tactics, wasn't he replaced by Zola at Watford for style issues. I know he's the "ginger mourinho" and no Burnley fan could consider any slight of him (at least until he gets to the Owen Coyle phase) but he's a long ball manager.

Feel free to deny it though. Not many Rovers fans will ever point out that Hughes was one of the most negative managers we've ever had in his first season at Rovers.

If you're manager is good and you don't like long-ball, tell yourself he doesn't play long ball. Easy

Hahaha the tables have turned PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_van_nel

Do you think that we will win promotion?
    no nah never!

Quote Originally Posted by rossendaleareaclaret
    Hahaha the tables have turned PRICELESS

And good luck to you aswell. When you win that Prem title, add to that a league cup win, numerous European trips, champions league, Trelleborgs, ...
    Numerous years spent in the top half of the league, etc etc ...all that will look great for you, let us know how you get on yeah ...

Numerous European trips to watch the boxing , oh how we laughed

Quote Originally Posted by garfunkal
    Numerous European trips to watch the boxing , oh how we laughed
    Numerous = 1?

Guess you'll laugh at anything when you can't even count.

[quote="blueandwhitehalves1"]Doesn't matter where the goals come from, not many of our goals actually came from long-balls under Allardyce. I'm talking about the long-ball as a means of getting it from the defence to the strikers, from that point it could be a very good goal involving 3-4 good passes. Know its only one game but if that isn't what I saw against QPR then I was watching a different match. Full-backs and centre halves constantly launching it to Vokes and Ings, who are exceptional at linking up in that situation.

Personally I don't consider it an insult, I'd rather see that than a team devoid of truly creative players knock it aimlessly around in their own half.

Its all about perception anyway. Allardyce is no more long ball than Pulis and numerous others, but Arsene Wenger called him it and so all football fans everywhere treat him as the inventor and sole advocate of the tactic. Moyes and O'Neill were long-ball with Everton and Villa plenty

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)