+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So, them Claret and Blue sorts

So, them Claret and Blue sorts

With this board being as dead as a James Bond villain, I though that I would ask a question..

Do you think that we will win promotion?

Just because we are four points clear of the third placed team, doesn't mean that I'm counting my chickens.

Disclaimer - I will not be held responsible for the swearing, arguments or willy waving which may occur in this thread.

re: So, them Claret and Blue sorts

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_van_nel
    With this board being as dead as a James Bond villain, I though that I would ask a question..

Do you think that we will win promotion?

Just because we are four points clear of the third placed team, doesn't mean that I'm counting my chickens.

Disclaimer - I will not be held responsible for the swearing, arguments or willy waving which may occur in this thread.
    Stan - what you have achieved is a level of consistency that we can only envy at the moment! In a way, you still seem to be creeping under the radar. What can change it is a catastrophic week for injuries or a couple of pieces of outrageous bad luck (refereeing decisions, etc). I think you need to avoid the play-offs because the small squad becomes more vulnerable when you have to squeeze those extra matches in.
    On balance, I think you will get there, but predictions in this league are pretty much guesswork.

Yes Stan, it's looking that way.
    Each and every week passes, it looks more that way.
    QPR appear to be in bad form at the wrong time for them.
    It's easy to concentrate on the goals of Ings, but Vokes has also been impressive. You don't concede many goals. Your midfield is tough, and Dyche gets the best from players, that others have struggled to get anything from. Ie Treacy, who got you a valuable point on Sat. I think your going for 2nd place.
    Yo don't need me to tell you the play offs are a gamble. You could miss out on auto promotion by a whisker, and lose out in the play offs to a team who got 15 less points in the league.

The worry to me wouldn't be this season, which is already a success. It's keeping the manager and players like Ings around long enough to build on that and sustain it. Like you didn't do last time promotion was achieved.

Us Rovers fans had better get used to it , Burnley are going up and I wouldn`t write off them going up as Champions .

i think away form will cost burnley an auto spot, and the play offs after that are a lottery..

Long way to go, but you've got the perfect manager for this league. Motivates his team, has 2 physical lads up top, and plays long ball. David Jones looked like a donkey for Rovers last season, but put him in a midfield who's function is to battle rather than craft its way through teams, and he fits perfectly.

Bowyer has started doing a kind of half-and-half imitation after signing Gestede, but we have a midfield geared towards the passing game and I just don't think thats how to thrive in this league unless you've got someone exceptional like a fully fit Dunn.

'i think away form will cost burnley an auto spot'

Away form (p) 16 - won 7, drawn 6, lost 3.
    Not too disastrous.

Long Ball???????????????????

I think you'll find most of our goals have come from crossed by players with chalk on their boots.

Are you getting confused with another team who play in Claret and Blue.

Doesn't matter where the goals come from, not many of our goals actually came from long-balls under Allardyce. I'm talking about the long-ball as a means of getting it from the defence to the strikers, from that point it could be a very good goal involving 3-4 good passes. Know its only one game but if that isn't what I saw against QPR then I was watching a different match. Full-backs and centre halves constantly launching it to Vokes and Ings, who are exceptional at linking up in that situation.

Personally I don't consider it an insult, I'd rather see that than a team devoid of truly creative players knock it aimlessly around in their own half.

Its all about perception anyway. Allardyce is no more long ball than Pulis and numerous others, but Arsene Wenger called him it and so all football fans everywhere treat him as the inventor and sole advocate of the tactic. Moyes and O'Neill were long-ball with Everton and Villa plenty of the time but the media loved them and so they were rar

[quote="blueandwhitehalves1"]Doesn't matter where the goals come from, not many of our goals actually came from long-balls under Allardyce. I'm talking about the long-ball as a means of getting it from the defence to the strikers, from that point it could be a very good goal involving 3-4 good passes. Know its only one game but if that isn't what I saw against QPR then I was watching a different match. Full-backs and centre halves constantly launching it to Vokes and Ings, who are exceptional at linking up in that situation.

Personally I don't consider it an insult, I'd rather see that than a team devoid of truly creative players knock it aimlessly around in their own half.

Its all about perception anyway. Allardyce is no more long ball than Pulis and numerous others, but Arsene Wenger called him it and so all football fans everywhere treat him as the inventor and sole advocate of the tactic. Moyes and O'Neill were long-ball with Everton and Villa plenty

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)